ermghoti

Piscifun Alijoz? (Inshore Lopro Baitcaster)

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

I know these aren't equivalent to a Lexa or what have you, but you get brass gears in an aluminum frame for $84 with a FB code (PA16). My girlfriend surprised me at Christmas a couple years back with a Torrent, and while I cringed internally at the then unknown to me brand, it's been perfectly serviceable. Anybody know anything about these?

https://www.piscifun.com/products/piscifun-alijos-size-300-low-profile-baitcasting-reel-aluminum-frame-casting-reels

Posted (edited)

I don't have any of their lowpros but do have a chaos-60,,,thing is a true value at 50 bucks.

good drag,casts well and has a decent frame.

works great and is fully serviceable.

no quarrels about it.

I would assume this one you mention is as good.

this one also comes in a 50 series size.

HH

5ec455312aaa7_HHPlugWerxLDP310.JPG.48a59d90607c9e80858e93e63c3515cc.JPG

5ec45542c7c73_HHPlugWerxLDP304.JPG.973aa346b80f1d55e2d741ea2414ffc8.JPG

5ec4556828508_HHPlugWerxLDP314.JPG.9933733348c9eb25e3b640a9f504d409.JPG

Edited by Heavy Hooksetter

Even if I promised myself I'd never buy reel made by these companies, I'm looking forward to get some feedback on this 300 size Alijos, mostly the faster retrieve speed one.

I suspect the gears are identical in the 2 retreive speeds but the faster one has a tiny pinion... I'm worried about medium or longterm term use.

Don't know if it is based on their Thunder bait caster reel they had before but Ish with Fish on YT seemed to be very impressed with this older model.

1 hour ago, SurfFishDan said:

Even if I promised myself I'd never buy reel made by these companies, I'm looking forward to get some feedback on this 300 size Alijos, mostly the faster retrieve speed one.

I suspect the gears are identical in the 2 retreive speeds but the faster one has a tiny pinion... I'm worried about medium or longterm term use.

Don't know if it is based on their Thunder bait caster reel they had before but Ish with Fish on YT seemed to be very impressed with this older model.

Also interested in hearing from somebody who has fished this reel.

I just picked up a Kastking Kapstan over the winter looking for a lower cost, but, low profile bait caster.  I have only fished it once for a couple of drops in 200' for Haddock.  With the rid I have it on it was not the correct outfit(as expected).  Once I get to fish it in appropriate service I will let you know how it goes as it may be another option for you, although a slightly more expensive one with out getting into Tranx or other range.

sam

I ended up getting a Chaos XS 40 and a Alijoz 5.9 (15% offfor first order and email list). The Chaos feels more than 0.7oz lighter than the Ailijos, which I guess is more compactly built, and more solid feeling overall. I think I will take the Chaos for BSB from a friend's boat, as it feels a little better in the hand, and the non-disengaging levelwind seems just the thing for drop and jig.

I got a piss fun the other day...already forgot the name..the rainbow one..spark somethin er other.

For 70$ fished, and fought fish better than a 160$ lews....that is until Lew's switches to the same oem.

better quality drag washers and a brake that functions at a higher range which is better for newbies learning...and drop down and it functions like any other...

Nice carbon fiber handle too...

But bass don't fight...I'll never trust any of the chinesium ccp reels on fish of a lifetime that pull...FW bass is one thing...salt is another.

That's fair I suppose, I'm not big game fishing here. That said, we both know the Chinese manufacturers will make anything as well or poorly as you request. 

Forgot to update: after trying the reels on my Star rod, I took the Alijoz out first. Performed effortlessly on BSB to about 22" and a 20" fluke.

On 6/2/2020 at 9:59 AM, SurfFishDan said:

On 6/2/2020 at 11:40 AM, Crackers said:

Also interested in hearing from somebody who has fished this reel.

I finally succumbed and took advantage of an emailed discount that will deliver the 8.1 Alijoz with the power handle to my door for $80. Over the weekend I will put it on a brand new Skinner fluke rod and take it to the beach for some practice casts. If I hook a snook or a jack, I will be able to offer a proper opinion here. 

I watched several videos, found this the most relevant given the guy lives near me down here. First is his initial review, second is his six month update. Put simply, he liked it on Day One and liked it that much and more in Month Six. 

On 5/19/2020 at 11:21 AM, ermghoti said:

I know these aren't equivalent to a Lexa or what have you, but you get brass gears in an aluminum frame for $84 with a FB code (PA16). My girlfriend surprised me at Christmas a couple years back with a Torrent, and while I cringed internally at the then unknown to me brand, it's been perfectly serviceable. Anybody know anything about these?

https://www.piscifun.com/products/piscifun-alijos-size-300-low-profile-baitcasting-reel-aluminum-frame-casting-reels

I've never owned one of their lopros but I do know that they're around real the chaos 60 is a very good reel for 50 bucks!.

Real school has balls well built I give it two thumbs up so, I would assume that if I was going to buy a low profile from them I would assume it's pretty good as well.

HH

I haven't fished the Chaos at all, but the Alijoz has been out a few times, showing no ill effects winching Buzzard's Bay bottom dwellers. Still light usuage overall, as last year I didn't fish much, and I'm not off to a great start this year either.