jerseystriper

Shresbury River/Brown color

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, fishingnuke said:

I was going to go for fluke tomorrow but after seeing the river I guess I’ll go freshwater fishing! It’s a disgusting shade of brown and it smells. This was in Oceanport.

If you get out to the fluke grounds, water is much cleaner . . . dirty water seems to be in all the creeks.

Took a walk yesterday evening over the navisink. It’s like a brown mud on Middletown side. Rumson  not so bad. Not sure if these photos make the case. Some lines of clear water also. Very odd to me. 

66818ECF-C9E7-43B7-88D5-731851CAA6CF.jpeg

BACFFD3F-A2E9-4B61-BEB2-AF6761BB65E1.jpeg

9 hours ago, jerseystriper said:

Took a walk yesterday evening over the navisink. It’s like a brown mud on Middletown side. Rumson  not so bad. Not sure if these photos make the case. Some lines of clear water also. Very odd to me. 

66818ECF-C9E7-43B7-88D5-731851CAA6CF.jpeg

BACFFD3F-A2E9-4B61-BEB2-AF6761BB65E1.jpeg

I tried the Navesink on opening day East of the oceanic Br. lots of boats no fish for me. water was terrible looking, We stayed for about 2 hours then left for the Bay. What ever it is hope it clears up. 

Gotten much better where I live. Water has resumed its usual brown. Can see crabs scurrying around in the shallows. Had 20 in the crab trap. Think it’s time to go crabbing.