bdowning

Mass. Re-opening - Outdoor recreational impact

Rate this topic

101 posts in this topic

29 mins ago, FoliFish said:

Going out on your coworkers boat doesn’t help the economy or keep people employed.

Some mate spreading Covid to a couple dozen people will help get the economy shut down again.

56 mins ago, z-man said:

Haircuts start next week. I’m not sure how well they can cut your hair with mask straps in the way. 

There goes my mullet. :laugh:

3 hours ago, FoliFish said:

Going out on your coworkers boat doesn’t help the economy or keep people employed.

so why can t he use the trying to feed my family excuse....whole things stupid ...if u and a buddy wanna fish..go fish..if friends arent healthy they wont be together 

3 hours ago, FoliFish said:

Disagree. Gas, bait, gear etc. all contributes to the local economy. An awful lot of "small" boat anglers out there. I fish with co-workers and friends frequently, it all adds up. 

So let me get this straight......my wife and I, who live on the Cape in the summer from June to October in a house we own and pay taxes for, can’t launch our 17’ whaler and go fishing by ourselves.  But we can pay to go out with strangers who could very well get us sick?  Wtf

15 mins ago, Skivt2 said:

So let me get this straight......my wife and I, who live on the Cape in the summer from June to October in a house we own and pay taxes for, can’t launch our 17’ whaler and go fishing by ourselves.  But we can pay to go out with strangers who could very well get us sick?  Wtf

No, that’s not the case at all.  People in the same household/family members always could go boating.  “Solitary” fishing was always encouraged.  But there is nothing saying anything about you and your wife launching your boat or fishing.

17 mins ago, Skivt2 said:

no you can launch your boat and go fishing with your wife, just not your neighbor, or so it suggests. I think so long as people act reasonably even that won't be a huge issue. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Everything I read says we can’t launch a boat unless we have mass plates.  Do you know of launches that will allow us to launch with our Connecticut plates? We usually go to Sesuit.  It seems we could go out on a charter with strangers but can’t go out by ourselves 6 miles from our house.

Edited by Skivt2

15 hours ago, ChocoLab said:

Disagree. Gas, bait, gear etc. all contributes to the local economy. An awful lot of "small" boat anglers out there. I fish with co-workers and friends frequently, it all adds up. 

Don't forget the boat and trailer registration fees and boat ramp fees. Surely they help someone, right?

Boating was never closed down and very few public ramp were closed too. Most people’s problem was marinas not being open to drop boats and slip. The interpretation has been to slow the many that will just go on with no caution. I’m sure some town may have closed their ramps.