Supercharger Question

Rate this topic

fishinambition

8 hours ago, fishinambition said:

I noticed some oil residue around the valve cover and when I started it, she was misfiring like crazy. This was after some hard runs down at dead man's pass by the railroad tracks the day before. The check engine light came on after minutes of running bad and it was blinking, which ive never seen it do before. I think the plugs got oil on em.

like all your jobs, this never happened. 

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

I would just keep driving it until you can't. Then you can diagnose where things went catastrophically wrong. 

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

8 hours ago, 2mcfisher48 said:

Flashing CEL means imminent failure of the catalytic converter(s) if you continue to drive it. (As mentioned by another post here) This usually means there are multiple misfires causing the cat to fill with raw fuel. Rear O2 sensor is picking up full rich condition.

As another poster said I would suspect a blown seal in the supercharger. Keep running it and you'll ruin not only the supercharger but the cats too. Keep in mind most superchargers have their own stand-alone oil systems using a special oil. Sounds like that oil has blown out and fouled multiple plugs.

Don't screw around. Take it to a shop now. Major bucks if you don't.

Don’t waste your time. There’s no misfire...and there’s no supercharger.

I blew blower gasket on a detroit diesel once. It started to "run away". I got it shut down before it threw rods through the bottom of the boat..

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd

21 hours ago, Billybob said:

The whole point of OBDII is to help you diagnose what's wrong by checking the code, it takes 5 minutes, but yeah, don't do that.

Hard runs at dead mans pass sounds like a Springsteen song fer cryin out loud.

This is some kind of ricer, isn't it? 

Easier to let it run for 2 hours, this way if something is wrong he’ll know for sure. 

America, the country so great that even its haters refuse to leave. 

19 hours ago, fishinambition said:

Code reader said crank pos sensor on my jeep when it was just a bad spark plug wire. I dont think those readers work right on supercharged engines.

Code readers don’t tell you what’s wrong, it tells you what sensor is affected by it. 

America, the country so great that even its haters refuse to leave.