FishNorthShore

Plastic needlefish types

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

21 mins ago, FishNorthShore said:

It must be this then but the colors are plentiful, did yankee ever make them in a greater variety?

Yes.  To be sure you need to include a photo. 

Yankee made a smaller size too. I believe it was 5/8 oz and maybe 5 inches long. I had one of those rare outings on the cape some years back where that plug was hot. Smoldering hot! Chartreuse green was the color. Mind you, I had a good supply of needles with me in all sorts of sizes and color. Pretty good for a $5.00 plug.

I made the mistake of adding a rubber worm to the tail siwash of a yankee. Not a mistake presentation wise, mistake because the rubber melted the plastic of the plug, what a mess.

1 hour ago, Shag said:

I made the mistake of adding a rubber worm to the tail siwash of a yankee. Not a mistake presentation wise, mistake because the rubber melted the plastic of the plug, what a mess.

I didn’t know that was possible... the plug itself melted over time?

Posted (edited) · Report post

39 mins ago, FishNorthShore said:

I also have two more needlefish that I need help finding out ID if anyone knows I’d greatly appreciate it pictures are attached 

C16D1622-87D9-489B-8E27-1B2710340B28.jpeg

E7D51FA8-0147-4945-837F-6C777EB4895D.jpeg

39 mins ago, FishNorthShore said:

I also have two more needlefish that I need help finding out ID if anyone knows I’d greatly appreciate it pictures are attached 

C16D1622-87D9-489B-8E27-1B2710340B28.jpeg

E7D51FA8-0147-4945-837F-6C777EB4895D.jpeg

The top one (in the pic with both) Trophy Tackle and the color was called "Dee Parrot" The bottom one looks like a BM Fire River color that I custom ordered from Bobby. Someone added the eyes

On 5/18/2020 at 1:14 PM, DZ said:

Here is a Yankee - notice only has on belly hook hanger whereas Spoffords have two belly hangers.

image.jpg

Edited by SC

10 mins ago, SC said:

The top one (in the pic with both) I designed for (Trophy Tackle) and the color was called "Dee Parrot" The bottom one looks like a BM Fire River color that I custom ordered from Bobby. Someone added the eyes

Thank you, that’s a huge help

Posted (edited) · Report post

5 mins ago, FishNorthShore said:

Thank you, that’s a huge help

Neither is plastic. Google images of Bomber Fire River, that's what I gave Bobby to duplicate

Edited by SC

1 min ago, SC said:

Neither is plastic

I knew they were Both wood but I also wanted an ID on these so I thought I could get your help again through this forum, did this color really work that well for you guys?

4 mins ago, FishNorthShore said:

I knew they were Both wood but I also wanted an ID on these so I thought I could get your help again through this forum, did this color really work that well for you guys?

Yes, both colors did