kid_just_wants_to_fish

Freshwater Fishing Kayak

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hello all,

I am a teenager that likes fishing. I am looking for a freshwater kayak for fishing use. I will be fishing on it. I am looking for a freshwater kayak with a price of around $500. Specific things I want in the kayak are rod holder, looks, tracking, weight, stability, maneuverability. Please drop some names below. 

Thanks

Edited by kid_just_wants_to_fish

With that budget I'd look at used. Try to find a deal with kayak, paddle, and life jacket for around your budget.  Any kayak would work for a starter yak. Though you might not get the rod holders, but pvc pipe ziptied to a crate makes for some cheap rod holders.

Perception Hook Angler 10.5. Comes with everything you're asking for. 2 rear rod holders, a front Scotty rod mount & holder & an anchor trolley installed (anchor & bag also included). Imo looks good, variety of colors avail, lightweight, tracks & handles just fine. Very stable, weight capacity is something like over 330 lbs. The big green sporting goods store does sales on it from time to time. Right around your price range/lower. Note it does not come w/ a paddle.

Have even taken it out in the sw coves on calmer days, zero stability issues. Great little FW yak. 

i love my tarpon 100 for freshwater, the 120 is the even bigger version and very popular can get these all day for <$500 on the used market