Surfinator

Scott Flex

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Yes, much experience with Scott rods, altho I haven't bought a top of the line rod from them (or anyone) in over a decade.  My go to 8 wt (9', 4 piece) is a Scott S4s.  Moderately fast, smooth, disappears from my consciousness. I haven't ever cast with a Scott I didn't like.  But then, I could say that about almost all of the primo brands.

Here is that particular rod in action:

So......if I haven't bought a high end rod in a decade....what am I buying??  Well, until they discontinued that particular line, I bought a lifetime supply of Cabelas (6,8,10, and 12 wts) Three Forks rods.....retail was $69, on sale as low as $40.......WITH Cabelas guarantee.

So......full disclosure......I also haven't cast a generic, low end fly rod in the past decade that I didn't think worked just fine on all the special trips I could take with the money I saved by NOT buying the heavily advertised top end rods.

Scott rods are great rods, no doubt.  But if you have to ask, then likely you need work on your casting technique.  Paying more $$ won't solve it/them.

Best rods on the market in my opinion. However, there are many rods out there nowadays that perform just as well for a lot less money.