gimbap1707

Question regarding shore fishing on SS.

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Hey all- I've only ever fished the oceanside of things and so I never learned how to access the many back bays of the south shore (with a vehicle specifically, no dropping off). I used google maps to find an area where you can walk to the shoreline- 

I don't want to spotburn so I'll say as little as possible (although I think the spot is pretty public). Small but widespread jetty under a bridge, off-road parking at the shoulder is the most brief description I can give.

For the people familiar with this area, I was wondering if it is safe to walk along the bank to explore more back bays. I know some areas can have sudden drop offs so I dont want to go into it ignorant. If I stay right along the grass/shoreline, would I be fine?

Thanks if you could help.

Scope it out in broad daylite on high and low tides a couple times.  Find out where the holes are. Bring a friend. Head lamp at nite and watch your step. Kind of basic back bay advice. Theres more to look out for. Skeeters and ticks for example. Doesn't even address actually fishing.

3 hours ago, gimbap1707 said:

Hey all- I've only ever fished the oceanside of things and so I never learned how to access the many back bays of the south shore (with a vehicle specifically, no dropping off). I used google maps to find an area where you can walk to the shoreline- 

I don't want to spotburn so I'll say as little as possible (although I think the spot is pretty public). Small but widespread jetty under a bridge, off-road parking at the shoulder is the most brief description I can give.

For the people familiar with this area, I was wondering if it is safe to walk along the bank to explore more back bays. I know some areas can have sudden drop offs so I dont want to go into it ignorant. If I stay right along the grass/shoreline, would I be fine?

Thanks if you could help.

Go explore during the day preferably at low tide...you’ll be able to see much more