The Riddler

Opening Day Sea Bass Buzzards Bay Boat Ramps

Rate this topic

87 posts in this topic

Last year I sat in my yak for a half hour while two buffoons rigged a crawdad on the ramp. I mean, assembling rods, trying hooks, they had done literally nothing at home or in the parking lot, and left literally nothing for after launch. Tiny freshwater ramp, no room to go around, and a steep rocky bank around it.

Some  big ones still around in shallows,   but others post spawn on their way back deep. I hoping  one  more  weekend  left.

Had a great day on my vintage gear!

20200614_112152.jpg

20200614_235309.jpg

After working all known inshore spots in upper  Buzzards Bay this past weekend, I would  say the big blue knuckle  head males have moved out. We managed a  good  haul on Saturday,  but today only  few and  far between. 

Overall the spawn season was great! I took many  friends out, on mostly poor weather  days.

Freezer is packed  for many  Summer meals ahead!

20200620_084828.jpg

20200620_101351.jpg

20200620_112132.jpg

Was out there yesterday toward the end of great neck.  Very foggy before noon.  Caught 2 jumbo BSB and some shorts just outside the channel then the BSB bite ended and it was all scup.  Big ones.  Got very rough 3-5.  Was supposed to be foot or less.

20200621_173445.jpg

Started late and left early due to fog, two experienced anglers and two novice to intermediate. Managed close to half a limit (despite my breaking off two on rigs tied from a rotten spool of mono, and losing one halfway up, all quality fish) favoring the veterans, all but one were 19-22".

Hmmm. One more try into Buzzards bay or off to vineyard sound to try for endangered fluke and sea bass... What would you do??

18 hours ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

sound

Vineyard Sound was okay, caught plenty of keeper seabass and a bunch of short fluke. About 10 of the biggest scup I've ever seen. Fluke weren't really even close to legal. Fished from Falmouth to nearly Menemsha in 15-95' of water. Crazy nice weather though so that was cool. Couple of epic yatchs rolled through

2 mins ago, ChocoLab said:

Vineyard Sound was okay, caught plenty of keeper seabass and a bunch of short fluke. About 10 of the biggest scup I've ever seen. Fluke weren't really even close to legal. Fished from Falmouth to nearly Menemsha in 15-95' of water. Crazy nice weather though so that was cool. Couple of epic yatchs rolled through

Sea bass ceviche tonight. :drool: