The Riddler

Opening Day Sea Bass Buzzards Bay Boat Ramps

Rate this topic

87 posts in this topic

It was happening again  today. 

Took out a family  friend  for  thier first  ever  seabass,  what luck on a  second  cast to  hook this 22". Limited  out in about an hour and  half on the incoming  tide, slow but steady  pick.

IMG_04361.jpg

20200525_094855.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 mins ago, FishRatz said:

It was happening again  today. 

Took out a family  friend  for  thier first  ever  seabass,  what luck on a  second  cast to  hook this 22". Limited  out in about an hour and  half on the incoming  tide, slow but steady  pick.

IMG_04361.jpg

20200525_094855.jpg

Gorgeous fish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, codfish said:

Let us know how it goes??

So far its no where near the numbers I have had in previous years but today was way better than last Monday.  I fished from Monument,Pocasset, Megs, Saturday Night, Cleveland, all had Sea Bass but far from red hot.  Couple of doubles but it was quality singles here and there. SW wind will make it better in my opinion. 
 

My lady learns fast!

 


 



 

 

B165C70D-AAFE-48BE-8BA8-8F9EA9EE52BA.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Riddler said:

So far its no where near the numbers I have had in previous years but today was way better than last Monday.  I fished from Monument,Pocasset, Megs, Saturday Night, Cleveland, all had Sea Bass but far from red hot.  Couple of doubles but it was quality singles here and there. SW wind will make it better in my opinion. 
 

My lady learns fast!

 


 



 

 

B165C70D-AAFE-48BE-8BA8-8F9EA9EE52BA.jpeg

How was the ramp??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 mins ago, codfish said:

How was the ramp??

Busy.  I was there at 5:15 am and it was 12 trailers long...coming back at 11:30 was not bad at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Heading down in the AM, hoping the water did not get dirtied up after that two day NE blow. 

Tough bite today, had to really work to get a 2 man limit but they were big. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 mins ago, IamFish said:

Tough bite today, had to really work to get a 2 man limit but they were big. 

Yeah there was some quality.  I saw one or two females and small.  When its on those big females mix right in. 
 

I might do one more trip. Probably in the kayak just to get in and out. 
 

She liked the baked sea bass in white wine and pankos.  Trying to turn her into a fish eater. 
 

 

8DB2890D-34F5-4919-A021-64D722EAEB6F.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, The Riddler said:

I fished from Monument,Pocasset, Megs, Saturday Night, Cleveland

Where is this place  you call Saturday Night? (PM If secret)

 

None of these other  places are  holding  fish compared to where  I have been  going, its still  too early. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FishRatz said:

Where is this place  you call Saturday Night? (PM If secret)

 

None of these other  places are  holding  fish compared to where  I have been  going, its still  too early. 

 

No secret. Some people call it Saturday or Southwest Ledge. 
 

 

F9BAD08B-D4A2-4B5F-A63A-5FBBC59AE60A.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 mins ago, The Riddler said:

No secret. Some people call it Saturday or Southwest Ledge. 
 

 

F9BAD08B-D4A2-4B5F-A63A-5FBBC59AE60A.png

I know it quite well as SW ledge, this is my home romp, but why is it called Saturday Night?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

26 mins ago, FishRatz said:

I know it quite well as SW ledge, this is my home romp, but why is it called Saturday Night?

 

 

 

Thats what visitors from Everett, Chelsea, Revere called it back in the day. We would go on Saturday.:laugh:

Edited by The Riddler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went out with two of my kids on Monday.  Kinda of an annual event now.   We caught some nice sized sea bass, tiny fluke, and our first oyster toadfish.   The seabass fishing was steady and good ratio of keeper sized to shorts.   Originally I was going to start Tog fishing but we got a late start and only had a few hours and wind was higher than expected so we just targeted sea bass to start.  At the end, we took some frozen salted crabs (bait shop had no fresh ones) and did about a 10 minute tog trip on a hump near were we were seabass fishing.   Sea bass crushed the crabs.  I knew they liked them, but was surprised how many we caught anchored in one spot in such a short time.   It was a good way to end the trip with the kids.   Wind died down too and it was a easy day to fish. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.