The Riddler

Opening Day Sea Bass Buzzards Bay Boat Ramps

Rate this topic

87 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ChocoLab said:

tomorrow morning gonna be interesting at the buzz bay ramps. god help me... 

Why tomorrow and not this weekend?

Posted (edited) · Report post

5 mins ago, foxfai said:

Why tomorrow and not this weekend?

Just that it's a pretty nice forecast and it's been blowing pretty good the past couple of days. Hopefully everyone is saving up for Friday/weekend.

Edited by ChocoLab

Was planning on going Friday but not looking good. Boat still at marina and they haven’t had chance to look at it after dropping off on Monday.   I know they are busy but reason I had to drop it off was they missed a problem.  I have them store and then service in the spring before I pick it up.   Picked it a few weeks ago and launched last weekend to start the season and as soon I started backing away from ramp realized I couldn’t steer.     Luckily I was able to get back to ramp easily.   But how didn’t they catch this when prepping boat?   Rubber had worn off cable and it got rusted and was frayed.   Clearly not something that just happened.   Stuff gets missed so it is what it is, but I kinda assumed they'd make me more of a priority.  

I was out there today. Hammered on the the togs but the sea bass fishing was slow at the Ledge. Not too many action from what I saw and the wind picked up in the afternoon had to call it quits. 

Got out on the yak after work yesterday. The spot I planned to fish had parking closed off due to covid. It’s usually open at this time and I felt confident of finding bigger sea bass there. But off to a more popular back up spot. Was able to almost get a limit but no jumbos. 4 fish 16-18” and bunch right around the 15 mark that went back. Was certainly sporty out there but the peddle kayaks made the day possible.

Just in as well  from  Buzzards. The wind and outgoing  tidal rip made  for some  juicy seas.

My seabass luck  was limited...by no means a steady pick.

Had a better  morning  with schoolies to 27"

What a miserable day  out on the water in Buzzards Bay, overcast, zero visibility  at times,  then it began  raining.  But the fishing was great!

20200523_094317.jpg

20200523_093535.jpg

20200523_110913.jpg

7 hours ago, notime said:

Nice job.   Looks like calm conditions at least.   Any porgys or you just target the seabass?

Not targeting  scup, but got  this monster 16"

20200523_103801.jpg

Heading down in the AM, hoping the water did not get dirtied up after that two day NE blow.