The Riddler

Opening Day Sea Bass Buzzards Bay Boat Ramps

Rate this topic

87 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, The Riddler said:

Slow for me and the lady. We got a few close to 15"-16" but expected larger and more of em. For us I am going to say it was slow for Sea Bass.  Covered most popular drops and points. Will give it a week or so and head back down. 

Yea, that was the case for me on Saturday, not a bite anywhere except one particular spot...at just the right tide and current, 4 at around 16" and one to 20", all released.  

1 hour ago, notime said:

Water temps still a little cold but I hope to get out on Friday and give it a shot.   Any scup? 

Did well with scup yesterday from the yak. Mostly medium with a few 14-16”. 

A lot of schoolies to 25” at day break, a few short tautog, a 4 ft smooth dogfish but not a single sea bass for me.

6 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Slow for me and the lady. We got a few close to 15"-16" but expected larger and more of em. For us I am going to say it was slow for Sea Bass.  Covered most popular drops and points. Will give it a week or so and head back down. 

Where'd you launch from and was it a cluster F? Planning to head down after the blow but am always anxious about ramp crowding. Assuming the fishing season will mirror hunting season and there will be huge numbers of participants. 

2 hours ago, ChocoLab said:

Where'd you launch from and was it a cluster F? Planning to head down after the blow but am always anxious about ramp crowding. Assuming the fishing season will mirror hunting season and there will be huge numbers of participants. 

Cape is busy.   Memorial Day weekend.  First weekend of sea bass fishing.   Ramps are going to be crowded.   

Posted (edited) · Report post

Does anyone think there may be less folks on the cape this year (Memorial Day weekend) due to the pandemic? Or is the thinking that it will be the opposite? 

Edited by NHAngler

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, NHAngler said:

Does anyone think there may be less folks on the cape this year (Memorial Day weekend) due to the pandemic? Or is the thinking that it will be the opposite? 

As another said, first week of sea bass season opening, memorial day weekend, people are urge to get out and fish. It'll be packed.

Edited by foxfai

2 mins ago, foxfai said:

As another said, first week of sea bass season opening, memorial day weekend, people are urge to get out and fish. It'll be packed.

And  parkiing tickets  where you  don't  belong.  All town permit  parking is  in effect.

Also, no loitering at  ramps, no large groups.  Lots of new Covit19 rules to practice.

2 mins ago, FishRatz said:

And  parkiing tickets  where you  don't  belong.  All town permit  parking is  in effect.

Also, no loitering at  ramps, no large groups.  Lots of new Covit19 rules to practice.

That too. All parking town lots will start their summer parking rule until labor day. 

3 hours ago, NHAngler said:

It’s been busier than usual on the cape. A lot of people moved into their summer homes early and a lot of people are taking day trips to the cape because they have nothing else to do. Any parking areas that are open have been full. 

13 hours ago, ChocoLab said:

Taylors, 10 bucks. Launch early. 

On 5/19/2020 at 8:32 AM, z-man said:

It’s been busier than usual on the cape. A lot of people moved into their summer homes early and a lot of people are taking day trips to the cape because they have nothing else to do. Any parking areas that are open have been full. 

With the beautiful weather outlook for the weekend, it's gonna be like July around here i bet...