Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wenz

Is there squid in Salem now?

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

5 or so years ago in early may, I was on a different northshore peir when I see some squid. A guy walks by and asks how I was doing, I tell him what I saw. He brushes me off and says there won’t be any squid here for at least a month.

about 30 min later, he’s drawn to me again as I’m landing a fish. He asks what I caught him on, he can’t get a bite even though there are fish jumping. I told him I got it on the squid that aren’t here. He still didn’t believe me.

another 30 min later he hears a squirt and comes walking over again, sees my squid and says I can’t believe it.

Best way to find out is to go out yourself.

2 hours ago, Pescador710 said:

5 or so years ago in early may, I was on a different northshore peir when I see some squid. A guy walks by and asks how I was doing, I tell him what I saw. He brushes me off and says there won’t be any squid here for at least a month.

about 30 min later, he’s drawn to me again as I’m landing a fish. He asks what I caught him on, he can’t get a bite even though there are fish jumping. I told him I got it on the squid that aren’t here. He still didn’t believe me.

another 30 min later he hears a squirt and comes walking over again, sees my squid and says I can’t believe it.

Best way to find out is to go out yourself.

That "WAS" the year where mom, pop, sis and son can even net them from the docks..... until they shut down the docks from fishing lol. ( I wasn't there but heard of the commotion)