theshadow

Raindrop prizmatic stick-on eyes.Looking everywhere.......any help please.

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I've just ended up taking prism tape and cutting it to the desired shape.  I looked around years ago and couldn't find anything for some big eye flies I wanted to tie in the past.  

1 hour ago, Seakarp said:

The ones on the right?

These are from luremaking.com.

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 6.05.26 AM.png

Good idea of trimming out the 1/2" eyes and make them teardrop!!!! That may be the only way to go.Years ago,I used the plastic rings for sixpacks and attached the eye to the cutout of the teardrop shape[then tab eyes came on the market too].The local package store would give me a few unused sixpack rings[used ones were warped] when purchasing some brews.You had to alcohol the plastic to remove the release agent then stick on the eye[they held up much better] and coat with nail polish,head cement,etc. It was time consuming and would influence the action of the fly if they weren't placed correctly.The teardrops I've just about run out of came from Scott at Bears Den and he can't get them.

1 hour ago, Seakarp said:

Or these from amazon?

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 6.10.54 AM.png

Thanks, got lots of these in the shop.

Do they look something like this?   I brought these eyes years ago and didn't like how they looked on my flies, so they gather dust.  Decided they might make a decent fry fly.

P5050524.JPG

3 mins ago, Philly said:

Do they look something like this?   I brought these eyes years ago and didn't like how they looked on my flies, so they gather dust.  Decided they might make a decent fry fly.

P5050524.JPG

To a degree,yes.Just shorter in length.Nice idea you came up with for your use of them.Those would work.

I also had some smaller ones, that were about half the size of that one, but the same shape.  I haven't seen them in catalogs or on line in years.

2 hours ago, Philly said:

I also had some smaller ones, that were about half the size of that one, but the same shape.  I haven't seen them in catalogs or on line in years.

Yep! The tab eyes have taken over it seems.I like them too but the raindrops hold their place better without more adhesives added. Just my observations.I even searched Alibaba in China[which I hate to do] and na-da.Like the miltary saying"adapt and overcome".