Since hardcore righties don’t want to help Blue States should they be ignored when Cat 5 hurricane hits?

Rate this topic

JohnP

4 hours ago, tomkaz said:

@TimS please for the love that is all that is good in the world, can you set a character limit on discussion titles? JohnP is being an idiot with his paragraph long titles and it creates visual havoc for us who consume SOL on tablets. The auto fit feature of these pages shrink the text to unreadable sizes because of the run on sentences this maroon uses when he wants to be extra annoying. 

Please, set a limit on subject lines to prevent this madness from becoming a constant irritant. 

@TimS and while you're at it, can we auto correct 0bama to Obama, you know, cause of that whole upper case T on Trump thing, oh,.. and in the interest of impartiality.

Tom and I will be over here waiting like the entitled twats that we are.

26 mins ago, braden said:

@TimS and while you're at it, can we auto correct 0bama to Obama, you know, cause of that whole upper case T on Trump thing, oh,.. and in the interest of impartiality.

Tom and I will be over here waiting like the entitled twats that we are.

Twat? 

Entitled douche works for me. 

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

I believe you only get money once from f e m a to rebuild after that it’s on the home owner .I also don’t you think you get more than 30k$ from fema...and after sandy there was no screaming about free money from f e m a  from the state of n.j. The leftists and rightists had their hands out .Then the replenishment of beaches the sea wall under the dunes was exposed .Where they encroached on tributaries that ran into the ocean and were filled in or piped in were now tributaries again .Then they replenished the beaches again after sandy and a few years previous to sandy.Shumer and christy called it a super storm due to better payouts from insurance company’s.The ones who are  screaming the most don’t even live in the highest taxed counties in n.j.Maybe we should reassesss the entire state and tax at full value ..At least when they sell their homes due to the union run school systems they can still get good money for the house ..the exit tax you get back . I know I know but don’t forget theirs two sides to every story.And who paid it? Don’t park east of the railroad tracks ,limited access , TAX ALL CARS COMING NORTH ON THE DRISCOLL BRIDGE 2$ A DAY 

Every solution any democrat ever comes up with always comes down to taking someone else's money to fix a problem they created - the joke is, they never fix any problem and only create more.

Those who know, do not talk; those who talk, do not know. - Tao Te Ching 56

Defeat exists only in the minds of defeated men, and I will never be one of them.

• TimS changed the title to Since hardcore righties don’t want to help Blue States should they be ignored when Cat 5 hurricane hits?
1 hour ago, Surf bomber said:

I believe you only get money once from f e m a to rebuild after that it’s on the home owner .I also don’t you think you get more than 30k$ from fema...and after sandy there was no screaming about free money from f e m a  from the state of n.j. The leftists and rightists had their hands out .

We got about $1,200 "free money" from FEMA from Sandy...some very early 'relief' while we looked for a place to stay. We had to pay our mortgage even though we couldn't live here for 7 months...we got zero dollars to rent a place to stay during the rebuild. Insurance covered about 1/2 the rebuilding...the other half we got from TWO ADDITIONAL mortgages from the SBA and a couple loans from family and friends.  And eight years later, we still aren't done rebuilding or repaying those loans. Very, very far from "free money". We will be paying off the "handouts" from Hurricane Sandy for three decades. We got loans, we got ZERO handouts and our primary residence that we had insured to the maximum FEMA allows was badly damaged. 

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

39 mins ago, TimS said:

We got about $1,200 "free money" from FEMA from Sandy...some very early 'relief' while we looked for a place to stay. We had to pay our mortgage even though we couldn't live here for 7 months...we got zero dollars to rent a place to stay during the rebuild. Insurance covered about 1/2 the rebuilding...the other half we got from TWO ADDITIONAL mortgages from the SBA and a couple loans from family and friends.  And eight years later, we still aren't done rebuilding or repaying those loans. Very, very far from "free money". We will be paying off the "handouts" from Hurricane Sandy for three decades. We got loans, we got ZERO handouts and our primary residence that we had insured to the maximum FEMA allows was badly damaged. 

You must live very close to the coast? Are you saying that a law forbids you from insuring your home for more value than you had? If so, that is insane and that law needs to be changed.

Even though I detest your politics, I am sorry to hear what you are going through, but with all due respect I do not believe a taxpayer is say, Wyoming, should have to bear the cost - unless they want to, personally, and I am sure that many would.

Good luck.

Defeat exists only in the minds of defeated men, and I will never be one of them.

I’m not saying sandy wasn’t a struggle and a heart ache but when the state of jersey taxes certain counties more than other counties and dispersed the moneys to other counties and then the rest of the state has to park west of the tracks and the residence can park on a public road east of the tracks ...limited access to beach unless you have season pass and the tax money to replenish the beaches 3times at how much a foot .....so all the pretty people can have THEIR BEECH .TAX ALL THE CARS COMING NORTH OVER THE DRISCOLL BRIDGE 2$ per day seems like a good start .PUT THE METERS ON THE STREETS NEAR THE BEECH SO THE LOCALS CANT PARK THEIR CARS AND SO WE WE CAN MONITOR  THE METERS BY DRONE SO THERES NO FAVORTISM ...and the dog beech belmar spring lake border fine the folks for not being behind the fence so at least we can pay for the cops who are on the beach due to the pretty peoples attitude of I don’t give a hoot about any one...I know I know ....I’m sure the righties and lefties do understand how the rest of the state feels when it comes to their beech...except when the rest of the state has to pay for it. The Dailey fee for the beech badge will be sure to go up...maybe all the locals will get just what they want their beech...be careful what you wish for you just might get it

Edited by Surf bomber

23 mins ago, Surf bomber said:

I’m not saying sandy wasn’t a struggle and a heart ache but when the state of jersey taxes certain counties more than other counties and dispersed the moneys to other counties and then the rest of the state has to park west of the tracks and the residence can park on a public road east of the tracks ...limited access to beach unless you have season pass and the tax money to replenish the beaches 3times at how much a foot .....so all the pretty people can have THEIR BEECH .TAX ALL THE CARS COMING NORTH OVER THE DRISCOLL BRIDGE 2$ per day seems like a good start .PUT THE METERS ON THE STREETS NEAR THE BEECH SO THE LOCALS CANT PARK THEIR CARS AND SO WE WE CAN MONITOR  THE METERS BY DRONE SO THERES NO FAVORTISM ...and the dog beech belmar spring lake border fine the folks for not being behind the fence so at least we can pay for the cops who are on the beach due to the pretty peoples attitude of I don’t give a hoot about any one...I know I know ....I’m sure the righties and lefties do understand how the rest of the state feels when it comes to their beech...except when the rest of the state has to pay for it. The Dailey fee for the beech badge will be sure to go up...maybe all the locals will get just what they want their beech...be careful what you wish for you just might get it

I left NJ in 1987 - if this is actually what is going on, leaving was the smartest thing I ever did.

Zen master how would you like to be fishing and dogs are running free on the beech and then one of them p e e s on your surf bag and the owner of the dog gives you grief.next week same thing happens the senior citizenfishermen throws the chair at the dog when the owner gives my friend grief and then gets my friend in the choke hold cops came no charges filed cops did ask that he filed charges now two cops on the beech due to locals unwilling to play by rules....ny nj bs....mayor of point pleasant says we r closing the parking to put of towner East of the railroad tracks but residence can park there till see get hold on digit and size of crowds.He can  lose the roads to al l parking but he can't make that law on public roads and the cops want nothing to do with this b s .The taxes are what they are

I’m more from the school of thought that the federal government should take only what it needs to operate on which it was intended too. That would lower the federal taxes. Then the states should take what they need from their own citizens. All emergencies other than caused by war should be covered by the state. You would see everyone’s politics change real quick. Suddenly everyone with a job would be a conservative or libertarian. There would be an enormous amount of blowback for illegal aliens. 

Governors would be held much more accountable for the debt they create. 

Edited by aae0130

“Shall not be infringed” was the “talk to the hand” of that period. (Me 2022)

1 hour ago, Surf bomber said:

Zen master how would you like to be fishing and dogs are running free on the beech and then one of them p e e s on your surf bag and the owner of the dog gives you grief.next week same thing happens the senior citizenfishermen throws the chair at the dog when the owner gives my friend grief and then gets my friend in the choke hold cops came no charges filed cops did ask that he filed charges now two cops on the beech due to locals unwilling to play by rules....ny nj bs....mayor of point pleasant says we r closing the parking to put of towner East of the railroad tracks but residence can park there till see get hold on digit and size of crowds.He can  lose the roads to al l parking but he can't make that law on public roads and the cops want nothing to do with this b s .The taxes are what they are

Like I said - glad I left. And from much of what I read on this forum, I am really glad I left.

35 mins ago, The Zen Master said:

Like I said - glad I left. And from much of what I read on this forum, I am really glad I left.

Your not missing much. I have been here my whole life and I can tell you that it has only degraded since 87.

Edited by aae0130

“Shall not be infringed” was the “talk to the hand” of that period. (Me 2022)

20 hours ago, aae0130 said:

Your not missing much. I have been here my whole life and I can tell you that it has only degraded since 87.

It wasn't exactly great in 1987 either but geez what the hell happened to people in this country? I live near the beach so I OWN IT?

I offend the democrat paragons of society on this forum when I say democrats destroy everything they touch. All anyone has to do is look at New Jersey and all the proof is there staring into their face.