JohnP

Will Richard Burr be down for breakfast ?

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

And did the Deep State follow guidelines to get a search warrant?
 

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said in a statement Thursday that Burr "contacted me this morning to inform me of his decision to step aside as Chairman of the Intelligence Committee during the pendency of the investigation." McConnell said Burr's resignation as chairman will be effective at the end of the day on Friday.

Burr's decision to step down as chairman is a stunning development for the North Carolina Republican, who has led the Senate Intelligence Committee through its three-year investigation into Russian election interference that's nearing completion and affirmed the intelligence community's conclusion Russia was trying to help President Donald Trump's candidacy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, JohnP said:

And did the Deep State follow guidelines to get a search warrant?
 

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said in a statement Thursday that Burr "contacted me this morning to inform me of his decision to step aside as Chairman of the Intelligence Committee during the pendency of the investigation." McConnell said Burr's resignation as chairman will be effective at the end of the day on Friday.

Burr's decision to step down as chairman is a stunning development for the North Carolina Republican, who has led the Senate Intelligence Committee through its three-year investigation into Russian election interference that's nearing completion and affirmed the intelligence community's conclusion Russia was trying to help President Donald Trump's candidacy.

What are you thinking is going to happen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

What are you thinking is going to happen?


I don’t think the head of the Senate Intelligence Committee should ever be getting Non public briefings and trading public stocks, but these are deplorable times we live in.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, JohnP said:


I don’t think the head of the Senate Intelligence Committee should ever be getting Non public briefings and trading public stocks, but these are deplorable times we live in.  

They all do it.

 

How many of them (from either side) are fighting to fix it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, Gotcow? said:

They all do it.

 

How many of them (from either side) are fighting to fix it?

Capture.JPG.7bd37c97c498e3d14936bf0b93f32fae.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he should step down.  I also thing Diane Feinstein should also step down for the same reason.  Do you think she will if he does??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

They all do it.

 

How many of them (from either side) are fighting to fix it?


ain’t that a bitch. For most of the last 15 years or so I’ve been ‘Burred‘ from trading individual stocks without approvals. so I don’t, just not worth it. Not worth the risk that somewhere somebody might have mentioned something - that I probably wasn’t even paying attention to - might creep into my subconscious and compel me to trade. But it’s real simple, you want a certain job where you may come in contact with non public information, so you don’t do it, you don’t put yourself out there. Simple, done.
 

I sold a chunk of S&P500 recently at the perfect time and avoided losses. Vanguard sent me a note.. don’t trade again there until at least June 10. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Knight771 said:

I think he should step down.  I also thing Diane Feinstein should also step down for the same reason.  Do you think she will if he does??


Let’s not jump around securities laws...

 

if he had non public information as a result of his public office, and used it for his own financial benefit, ‘stepping down’ would be a slap on the wrist...

 

he would have to be prosecuted,
 

unless old DJT wants to waive a pardon his way...I’m sure Deplorables would cheer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, JohnP said:


unless old DJT wants to waive a pardon his way...I’m sure Deplorables would cheer. 

Nope. He has not been a bootlicking member of the GOP worshiping Trump, so he is on the **** list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.