pete214

Loading a Redfin with mercury

Rate this topic

78 posts in this topic

Most of the guys who used to play with mercury have died of cancer years ago. Looks like the darwin award is still going strong nowadays.  

SC probably had a 55gal drum in his basement based on the amount of HG loaded plugs I still see floating around bearing his name . SC appears to be alive and well . 

3 hours ago, 27conch said:

Chitala283, wondering how you add expanding foam, in a semi precise manner, to such a small hole??

I drill two or three bigger holes, I think I use a 1/4" drill bit. Makes it easier to insert the bb's too. Once the foam cures you shave/sand it flush. You can then paint it or seal the foam with super glue, super glue and baking soda, uv head cement, or any other method you prefer.

4 hours ago, Terry Mac said:

Most of the guys who used to play with mercury have died of cancer years ago. Looks like the darwin award is still going strong nowadays.  

I’m beginning to understand the reasons folks are petrified of mercury & it’s because of total BS statements like this.  No human data ties Hg to cancer & the DEP states it likely doesn’t cause cancer. 

C40F994E-57E7-4EE4-AAA7-267BE9DA5F09.png

7 hours ago, 27conch said:

1. How does this comment add any value to this thread??  "Loading with fish pee works as well"

2. Chitala283, wondering how you add expanding foam, in a semi precise manner, to such a small hole??

Comedy relief.

21 mins ago, jsbergen said:

I’m beginning to understand the reasons folks are petrified of mercury & it’s because of total BS statements like this.  No human data ties Hg to cancer & the DEP states it likely doesn’t cause cancer. 

Right it only harms the brain, heart, lung and kidneys, you know all the nonessential bits.

19 mins ago, jsbergen said:

C40F994E-57E7-4EE4-AAA7-267BE9DA5F09.png

Just like with coronavirus, in regards to the dangers of mercury, you can find information out there that will pacify whatever political or philosophical viewpoint you may have. I'm sure the industry that profited from mercury funded a lot of "scientific" studies that preached and promoted the virtues of its use. The reality is that mercury is bad. Period. Always error on the side of safety regardless of how many "facts" you think you know. Because when it comes right down to it, you don't know sh-t!

7 hours ago, 27conch said:

1. How does this comment add any value to this thread??  "Loading with fish pee works as well"

2. Chitala283, wondering how you add expanding foam, in a semi precise manner, to such a small hole??

Well since we established in the first 2 or 3 posts that mercury is a bad idea i was just adding some glib comments.

Here: mercury is bad.  Use water, bb, lead pellet, mineral oil etc.

Hope there is now added value :howdy:

On 5/15/2020 at 11:09 AM, techyakker said:

Less filling !

Except when it's in fillings. :laugh:

42 mins ago, Sandbar1 said:

Right it only harms the brain, heart, lung and kidneys, you know all the nonessential bits.

I can’t get over the folks in this thread who can’t read and understand my gosh darn point.  All I said was that tiny amounts of Mercury in CC’s can safely be handled and injected into a lure without the threat of inhaling or death. That is a fact. CC’s even if evaporated don’t emit enough fumes to inflict hard. Ok morons? Sandbar, your comment is a ramble of words and info that surely didn’t come lips. 

20 mins ago, jsbergen said:

Ok morons? Sandbar, your comment is a ramble of words and info that surely didn’t come lips. 

Sure man, whatever you say. BTW i'm not exactly sure what your saying here. If you meant "didn't come from my lips" then you would be quite right. This is what's called the internet. I typed it out.

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, jsbergen said:

I can’t get over the folks in this thread who can’t read and understand my gosh darn point.  All I said was that tiny amounts of Mercury in CC’s can safely be handled and injected into a lure without the threat of inhaling or death. That is a fact. CC’s even if evaporated don’t emit enough fumes to inflict hard. Ok morons? Sandbar, your comment is a ramble of words and info that surely didn’t come lips. 

When you break off your mercury infused redfins on a fish or have a snag break off, what then? I guess no harm no foul. Lol. 

Edited by Terry Mac

Posted (edited) · Report post

The ones who insist on still using mercury in this day and age remind me of the Chinese insisting on eating tiger penis or ground up rino horn soup..Pure dingbat BS..:dismay:

Edited by Terry Mac

Seriously.  Bunch of ignorant ******. What's the ONLY reason they say don't eat certain fish? MERCURY.  Why risk spilling more into the ocean? Go to a ****ing farm pond and kill all you want. So many options. If none of those work quit fishing.