pete214

Loading a Redfin with mercury

Rate this topic

78 posts in this topic

When loading a redfin with mercury. How would you seal it and how heavy would you make it for a 7 inch redfin. Thanks

I can’t speak for mercury, always used water, but I put a hole in the top with a red hot nail, add the desired liquid, then use the hot nail to move a bit of plastic back over the hole, then seal it with some superglue

6 mins ago, pete214 said:

When loading a redfin with mercury. How would you seal it and how heavy would you make it for a 7 inch redfin. Thanks

I would never load any lures or any item with mercury because if it cracks open you will be contaminating the water...Bad enough we use lead..

For your sake, the sake of everything in the ocean, and everyone else, don't use mercury in a lure LOL

Water works well enough, and if this isn't illegal, it should be.

1 hour ago, pete214 said:

Please don't use Mercury!  Not only is it bad for the water it's bad for you too.  If you need small lead shot to load a Redfin and can't find any I'll be more than happy to send you some free.  Just PM me.

1 min ago, C.Robin said:

I prefer plutonium for loading redfins.

Same here.  Nuclear Waste will also put a nice "green glow" in the Bone Colored fins at night. 

I noticed yesterday that Saltwater Edge sells loaded 7' redfins, with what looks like upgraded hooks as well. If you don't want to do it yourself, might be a good option.