Steve_M

Opening day of sea bass.

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Well it’s opening day and I’m weather bound from the wind. Good luck to anyone going out. Maybe we can get some reports. And your favorite rig. 

The wind is going to pick up later in the day, but don't look at a surf cam if in you're in Monmouth or Ocean county right now; you may kick yourself because it's glass out :/

I'll be out tomorrow; working today. Tight lines!

We got blown out. Prob should have gone yesterday but we run 40mi out and didn’t feel like getting beat up. We’ll go next weekend

Went out Saturday afternoon. Couldn't leave the dock til around 2pm. After fishing a little over an hour, my wife who was on call this weekend calls me and says she's been called in. Perfect. A short trip cut even shorter. Fished another half hour or so then packed it in. Didn't find the sea bass mother load but had a nice mixed bag. Got a keeper tog on an ava tipped with a squid head that went back and a cod on a jig that went in the cooler. 

Trolling motor has been out for repairs but thankfully it arrived back today. I'll be able to work my spots a lot more efficiently now, particularly as I'm fishing solo.

IMG_57772.jpg

IMG_57862.png

IMG_57722.JPG

I was out Saturday and Sunday and definitely found the sea bass, ling, cod, and tog. Always fun to catch the tog and quickly release them this time of year. I did manage to find a 19.5" sea bass inshore, which I was pretty damn happy about! Ocean was a little chilly but a beautiful clean green. No wonder guys are seeing BFT inshore.

Planned on Saturday 5/23, sea bass trip. Couldn’t get the big boat to start, ground wire was, bad! 

Punted and went fluking on the little boat in the back. Had fun. Between the 3 of us we had 1 keeper, 13 throwbacks, 1 bluefish and a few skates, in 3.5 hrs.