bcgrab

Duxbury bridge, parking? South shore access?

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, zenman said:

Bridge is open, saw someone fishing it and there were beach rangers nearby so I’m assuming it’s ok. Over sand still a no go but maybe parking On the road and walking over? Probably a pipe dream with plovers and terns nesting. 

I have family on Saquish so very fortunate to have a resident's sticker. As of Friday all the parking areas along the road were blocked by barricades and a couple spots and 5mph signs for the birds are starting to pop up. None of which were in place the previous week. Stopped to throw a line on my way out to the cottage one morning last week and luckily only got shooed away by the environmental police.

Gotta agree with one of your previous comment too, the fall run in that area was great last year. Most productive I was all season.

3 hours ago, iwantmypie said:

I have family on Saquish so very fortunate to have a resident's sticker. As of Friday all the parking areas along the road were blocked by barricades and a couple spots and 5mph signs for the birds are starting to pop up. None of which were in place the previous week. Stopped to throw a line on my way out to the cottage one morning last week and luckily only got shooed away by the environmental police.

Gotta agree with one of your previous comment too, the fall run in that area was great last year. Most productive I was all season.

Was it end of July they opened up those spots last year? Funny how early fall all those storms weeded out the beach then late fall was on fire. 

2 hours ago, zenman said:

Was it end of July they opened up those spots last year? Funny how early fall all those storms weeded out the beach then late fall was on fire. 

Possibly but might’ve even been later, my memory is fuzzy. There were a couple times last year where they would completely stop traffic for the damn plovers and we’d wait for over an hour. If memory serves me correct if they were holding up traffic for over an hour or two the volunteers would have to shoo the birds along to let cars pass. It was getting ridiculous, worst I’ve seen it in the 16 years I’ve been going out there. 

On 5/26/2020 at 5:36 PM, jmarino1432 said:

Should be. They aren’t closing the bridge itself. I’ll be out there at sunrise tomorrow can report back if you’d like

How was it? What about parking in the lot before the bridge?

On 5/26/2020 at 6:46 PM, iwantmypie said:

Over Sand opened today but only small portions of the beach and very limited # of cars allowed.  I have a feeling it won't last too long.  ALL turnoffs/parking along the back road are and will remain closed for the time being.  Hopefully opening at some point this summer.

On 5/26/2020 at 6:46 PM, iwantmypie said:

My uncles MIL has a house in saquish. He rents a house out there every year.