bcgrab

Duxbury bridge, parking? South shore access?

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

Cops don't like it when you don't carry ID. I never carried ID when I was young and found it was easier all around to carry one, since I had nothing to hide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have heard that Duxbury is waiting to sell parking and oversand passes. Rumor is that they will factor in oversand closures due to tern and plovers and that the passes will be cheaper this year. As far as walking the beach, there is an officer on the beach stopping people walking from the Marshfiled end where the houses end and Duxbury beach park begins. The bridge is closed and yellow taped as is the other road into the parking lot with no biking, walking, etc. signs. Pretty well locked down and this is a town with the money to spend on bodies to enforce the closure. 
I walked down the beach from Marshfield last night  to see if a late night stealth mission was a possibility and there was some type of law enforcement parked overlooking the beach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 mins ago, zenman said:

I have heard that Duxbury is waiting to sell parking and oversand passes. Rumor is that they will factor in oversand closures due to tern and plovers and that the passes will be cheaper this year. As far as walking the beach, there is an officer on the beach stopping people walking from the Marshfiled end where the houses end and Duxbury beach park begins. The bridge is closed and yellow taped as is the other road into the parking lot with no biking, walking, etc. signs. Pretty well locked down and this is a town with the money to spend on bodies to enforce the closure. 
I walked down the beach from Marshfield last night  to see if a late night stealth mission was a possibility and there was some type of law enforcement parked overlooking the beach. 

Bridge should be open come Monday. And yes they are pro rating the beach stickers. With the plover closure and this stuff not sure it’ll be worth it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 mins ago, jmarino1432 said:

Bridge should be open come Monday. And yes they are pro rating the beach stickers. With the plover closure and this stuff not sure it’ll be worth it 

For me it’s about the fall run, last year was good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 mins ago, Reed422 said:

Anyone know the price for non residents this year?

I have heard they are trying to figure out what prices will be based on predicted available access, or whatever that means. Last years stickers are good through June 15 for the lots and they are trying to figure out over sand access. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, bob_G said:

Cops don't like it when you don't carry ID. I never carried ID when I was young and found it was easier all around to carry one, since I had nothing to hide.

I Vant to See Your Papers!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the "Duxbury Clipper"-

 

Following the recently announced guidelines for reopening public facilities and other businesses, Duxbury Beach will now re-opened this Memorial Day, Monday, May 25 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.

According to a press release from the town, anyone with a sticker that expired on March 31, 2020 will be allowed to park at the beach.  A copy of the receipt is also acceptable proof. A new sticker will be required starting June 15.

The off-road vehicle portion remains closed. No recreational vehicles will be permitted south of the Powder Point Bridge at this time. Plans to reopen that portion of the beach are in the works.

Social distancing rules remain in effect. People are required to keep six feet apart hen moving about, waiting for bathrooms and interacting with staff; maintain a distance of 12 feet between groups; where a face covering when social distancing is not possible; Limit groups to 10 people or less; no campfires or grilling; and no organized games or ball playing.

 

They finally found a way to keep the knuckle dragging bait chunkers from the bridge. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parking lots were open today, but bridge still closed. Only way in was down Gurnet road. They closed up promptly at 8 pm and shut the road by Blakemans and the lots down. Saw someone drive down the over sand road but with it all being shut down from 8 pm to 8 am fat lotta good that does me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So with these remaining "obstacles" it looks like Duxbury is following the general rule of "We'll open the beaches and lots, but with restrictions that pretty much negate opening in the first place.

If they restrict activity to daylight hours only, and enforce the social distancing "to the letter", exactly why would any angler want to waste their time and money fishing that area?

I rarely fish there during the day, and if I can't fish there (or anywhere else) at night I WILL be requesting a refund of my fishing permit.

It would qualify of a breach of contract, if you sell a permit for access to fishing then prevent said access.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bridge is open, saw someone fishing it and there were beach rangers nearby so I’m assuming it’s ok. Over sand still a no go but maybe parking On the road and walking over? Probably a pipe dream with plovers and terns nesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zenman said:

Bridge is open, saw someone fishing it and there were beach rangers nearby so I’m assuming it’s ok. Over sand still a no go but maybe parking On the road and walking over? Probably a pipe dream with plovers and terns nesting. 

Any indication if night fishing will be allowed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

I am working in cambridge....If anyone is familiar with the area could you pm me. I have a quick question. 

 

Made mistake on the area, not Dorchester 

Edited by R.R. Bridge Fisher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FishermanTim said:

Any indication if night fishing will be allowed?

Should be. They aren’t closing the bridge itself. I’ll be out there at sunrise tomorrow can report back if you’d like

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. Working from home prevents me from fishing during the weekdays (always had before as well) so I fish nights a lot.

One good thing about working from home is NO COMMUTING.

I can get about 2 weeks to a tankful...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.