bcgrab

Duxbury bridge, parking? South shore access?

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

The irony of this "prevention" of crowding is it will just create crowded conditions elsewhere. :kook:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bdowning said:

The irony of this "prevention" of crowding is it will just create crowded conditions elsewhere. :kook:

Deluxebury doesn’t want to deal with the common folk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2018 at 6:20 PM, bumknee said:

 

The last couple of years, the DPD or harbor master guys will slow down and eye you over, but I have not had any confrontations. I will throw over the back side, but I keep my eye out and move back when they are approaching.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, giggyfish said:

Deluxebury doesn’t want to deal with the common folk.

When/if they do open the lots and ORV to “Residents Only”, people are gonna **** lol.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 5/14/2020 at 7:58 PM, giggyfish said:

Marshfield beach lots are closed with the exception of the Brant rock sea wall because parking there is parallel to the sea. 
Duxbury barricaded the access roads leading to Duxbury beach and even banned walking and biking on the beach. I live within walking distance to the Marshfield side access and can say without hesitation that their ruling is utter bullsh*t. 

They banned walking on the beach?! That is absolutely insane. I’d be taking the ticket or fine or whatever and telling them to shove it. I wouldn’t even wear a mask while doing it. 
 

I’m trying to rack my brain and figure out if they can even stop people from walking on public property. It’s not like they can trespass you if you refuse to leave. I’d be fairly confident that they have 0 legal grounds for restricting walking on the beach. 

Edited by JTR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JTR said:

They banned walking on the beach?! That is absolutely insane. I’d be taking the ticket or fine or whatever and telling them to shove it. I wouldn’t even wear a mask while doing it. 
 

I’m trying to rack my brain and figure out if they can even stop people from walking on public property. It’s not like they can trespass you if you refuse to leave. I’d be fairly confident that they have 0 legal grounds for restricting walking on the beach. 

It’s a $300 fine... steep enough for me to steer clear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did find it interesting that the town has to lease beach rights every year from the Duxbury Beach Reservation because the town doesn’t own it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 mins ago, jmarino1432 said:

It’s a $300 fine... steep enough for me to steer clear

I would tear up the ticket, bring me to court. They can't arrest EVERYONE.

 

Just don't carry ID....how can they issue a summons if you don't have ID? "Yup, officer, my name id Elvis Costello....."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 11:34 AM, Steve in Mass said:

I would tear up the ticket, bring me to court. They can't arrest EVERYONE.

 

Just don't carry ID....how can they issue a summons if you don't have ID? "Yup, officer, my name id Elvis Costello....."

 

Hey, My name is Elvis Costello too...what are the odds that everyone at that particular beach would have the same name???:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be a little curious to see if the officials that are issuing these mandates are also following them TO THE LETTER?

You know, what's good for the goose is good for the gander...

 

By keeping beaches completely closed, which in itself is next to impossible if people LIVE right at the beach, they are forcing people to go to other outdoor venues. You want to see the idiocy in these mandates head out to virtually ANY hiking trail in the state and count the dozens of cars parked there.

 

As for the continued beach closures, do these town plan on refunding everyone that already paid for a beach pass?

Surely they will have to refund a prorated portion if people aren't allowed to use it for months, right?

 

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 mins ago, bdowning said:

My name is Santa Claus. Hey they can't kick him out ??

:clap: That would be just like him.... ;)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.