bcgrab

Duxbury bridge, parking? South shore access?

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

Many years ago, I used to park (no sticker) at a lot near the Duxbury wooden bridge and do some jigging from the bridge itself. This was always off-season, I suppose before May 15? Does anyone know if I can still park there now? Can I walk out on the bridge and fish (given Covid)? If not, are there any other good spots on the south shore area that I could hit? Not asking for a spot burn, just somewhere to go. Thanks!

Duxbury is tough parking wise.  I think Marshfield has public parking along ocean St. 
Water Street In Plymouth has two huge lots that are free which gives you access to the jetty.

starting sometime in June I think they will charge for parking if the restaurants open. There is an app it’s very easy. But is free now. 

Awesome! Thanks for the head's up! I really want to get to the squid if they show up, and maybe some stripers too. My avatar was a fish I caught on May 15 in 2009, so I know they can show up at least that early.

2 hours ago, boulderdash said:

Sorry, its closed

ya looks that way. Hull is closed to all non-residents. My spots are getting impacted, meh.

20 mins ago, Reed422 said:

ya looks that way. Hull is closed to all non-residents. My spots are getting impacted, meh.

Crap, Hull too? There are some public spots, are those blocked off too?

2 hours ago, foxfai said:

Crap, Hull too? There are some public spots, are those blocked off too?

Ya I read that non residents will be ticketed $50 the first hour and then a higher ticket as time goes on. 

I would "HOPEFULLY" expect some easing on these access restrictions, but since most anglers don't live near their favorite spots, if there is no nearby parking (or closed lots) then we may be screwed for the season.

I love that the "authorities" are not restricting fishing, just the parking and access to the places where you fish. (huh?)

Sure, you can fish from some beaches, provided you can park in someone's driveway or get dropped off, or walk whatever distance it takes to get to that spot.

What I find funny/ironic is that when it comes to fishing, most "true" anglers prefer to "social distance" from others as a matter of habit.

You'll find it easier to find poachers and unlicensed people by how much "mugging" goes on when the fish bite...:laugh:

Have to laugh about Marshfield,. cause right now it is one of the few places you can still park in limited spots right at the seawall. Donna was there the other day, just to sit and watch the ocean.

Yesterday on WBZ, I heard "Marshfield Gearing Up the Beaches for the Season", and then the very next statement said "They are looking to FURTHER RESTRICT PARKING...."

Um, which is it?

:huh: :squid:

And yes, the bridge parking is closed and believe the bridge itself is closed to pedestrians even... :squid:

31 mins ago, Steve in Mass said:

Have to laugh about Marshfield,. cause right now it is one of the few places you can still park in limited spots right at the seawall. Donna was there the other day, just to sit and watch the ocean.

Yesterday on WBZ, I heard "Marshfield Gearing Up the Beaches for the Season", and then the very next statement said "They are looking to FURTHER RESTRICT PARKING...."

Um, which is it?

And yes, the bridge parking is closed and believe the bridge itself is closed to pedestrians even... :squid:

LOL, they are gearing up to restrict more access. Don't you get it? :p

1 hour ago, Steve in Mass said:

Um, which is it?

I am told Rexhame is closed.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Marshfield beach lots are closed with the exception of the Brant rock sea wall because parking there is parallel to the sea. 
Duxbury barricaded the access roads leading to Duxbury beach and even banned walking and biking on the beach. I live within walking distance to the Marshfield side access and can say without hesitation that their ruling is utter bullsh*t. 

Edited by giggyfish

10 hours ago, giggyfish said:

Marshfield beach lots are closed with the exception of the Brant rock sea wall because parking there is parallel to the sea. 

Yup, that is the way it is now, Donna was there earlier this week. What I heard on WBZ is that they were going to further restrict the parking along the sea wall in anticipation of "opening" the beach..... :squid: