afterhours

New Pop Ups

Rate this topic

48 posts in this topic

15 mins ago, mark d said:

i am still getting them but they are on the right side now

There are ad spots available on the right side - I got them to stop blocking the content on the left side. On the right side they aren’t blocking anything...I’m letting them run their ‘experiment’ on the right side for now.

4 mins ago, 3phase said:

Pop ups really starting to be a problem.Probably started about a week ago.

Need more info...the issue in this thread started last night. If you’ve got a different issue more info would be helpful :)

I’m moving this to the Bugs forum....

TimS

11 mins ago, KidDkivahh said:

I started seeing them on the left side yesterday and now it's all on the right side . 

Here as well. Tim explained earlier.

11 hours ago, TimS said:

There are ad spots available on the right side - I got them to stop blocking the content on the left side. On the right side they aren’t blocking anything...I’m letting them run their ‘experiment’ on the right side for now.

Good job, I guess you blocked the rabbit hole....:laugh:

No need to explain, it would be all Greek to me..:wave:

Lou  

17 hours ago, TimS said:

They suck on the right side too. It wouldn't b bad if I could just hit close. Problem is upon first log on one appears and I can close it. When into a thread it wont let me close it. I just get the hand and can't scroll up to close. There experiment sucks.

Maybe we should have a subscription fee and eliminate all the crap? Best of both worlds - no pia crap AND Tim can make a living?

Yup, they do block content listing until you scroll down the page ma 3-4 posts......the ad follows, but down there it no longer blocks anything  

ad.png.ae4a1f27d65501c6a264b5384f4e4049.png

8 hours ago, ccb said:

Blocks half the page on your I phone 

They aren't supposed to show up on cell phones, only desktop platforms. Anyone else seeing the ad on the right on a cell phone?

TimS

Today?   Six at a time  it’s a little to much.  Can we find a couple of more spots ?   Pretty sone they will cover up 

Main Forum?   
Google  adds . To much 

61DC005F-5FE5-40BF-92BD-5984F7A1235C.jpeg

Some of thes pop-up may be malign.  I was on SOL yesterday when a Malware Bites window popped up saying that it was blocking a site, as it contained a Trojan.  Didn't recognize the site address--probably should have written it down so that it could be looked into--but it was blocked so that's hopefully the end of that particuilar problem, at least on my laptop.

On 5/25/2020 at 4:56 PM, ccb said:

Today?   Six at a time  it’s a little to much.  Can we find a couple of more spots ?   Pretty sone they will cover up 

Main Forum?   
Google  adds . To much 

61DC005F-5FE5-40BF-92BD-5984F7A1235C.jpeg

I can’t text recreate that kind of look on a cell phone - the ‘new’ ad is only supposed to show on desktops...never on a cell phone. That’s why I asked up above if anyone else was seeing what you are seeing on a cell phone - nobody replied. Can you give me some info on your cell phone? And your browser? The site is obviously not supposed to look like that - and as far as I can tell, it doesn’t look like that for anybody but you. And that sucks...but there’s some setting in your browser or phone that’s making it look like that.