Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

You’ll see a couple pop up here in the BST * They’re hard to come by in general unless you’re willing to fork out quite a bit.

Edited by TimS
Please do not promote FB groups here

There are a few guys on here with collections of early VS reels. Once you are a contributing member you can post a WTB thread. 

Fleabay is another place where they show up from time to time. 

5A3F1AF2-AFA4-4D87-945D-F4817AFCAA9C.jpeg

947D3A59-C2AA-4722-AD13-B4F068F88876.jpeg

Posted (edited) · Report post

15 hours ago, ASrod said:

You’ll see a couple pop up here in the BST * They’re hard to come by in general unless you’re willing to fork out quite a bit.

No problem spending the money. Have to be on here and make a few posts before I can buy even though there are a few I would purchase right now if I could haha. Ebay is harsh and rarely any good examples there. Picked up serial 15(pretty sure its 0015) gold 200 a few years back on ebay. 

Edited by TimS
quote edited

17 hours ago, staalkingq said:

Anybody know how to find very old staals? Looking into very very low serial numbers. Not sure how to find these.

I found my three on eBay. Two of them never had line on them and other had line but looks like it wasn’t used. Highest price I paid was 750$ lowest was 550$. They pop up quick and are sold quickly. There’s 300 reels of the first run starting with 100 serial number the spools are numbered to match the reel.

3 hours ago, Clbay1971 said:

I found my three on eBay. Two of them never had line on them and other had line but looks like it wasn’t used. Highest price I paid was 750$ lowest was 550$. They pop up quick and are sold quickly. There’s 300 reels of the first run starting with 100 serial number the spools are numbered to match the reel.

Literally hate that I have to have 15 posts on here just to message people that I want to buy stuff! Guess I'll never get anything from here lol

4 mins ago, staalkingq said:

Literally hate that I have to have 15 posts on here just to message people that I want to buy stuff! Guess I'll never get anything from here lol

And you literally just proved one of the reasons why we require people to participate here BEFORE they try to buy or sell anything :)

The ONLY requirement beyond participating here is that you read the BST Forum rules before you use that forum. And Rule #1 - the first one - explains that we do not allow PM buying/selling. So messaging someone that you want to buy something from violates the very first rule of buying/selling here. When folks participate they become vested - and folks who are vested are less likely to ignore or not read the BST forum rules - and that causes everyone less grief :th:  Please give the guidelines a glance...everyone here has gone through the same process...thanks :)

TimS

7 mins ago, Aaron Barmmer said:

Keep a eye on your local cregs list.  I’ve bought a few absolute gems from there for under 500$ 

Nothing here in Georgia ever lol. I think I posted the only staal in georgias craigslist years ago.

3 mins ago, TimS said:

And you literally just proved one of the reasons why we require people to participate here BEFORE they try to buy or sell anything :)

The ONLY requirement beyond participating here is that you read the BST Forum rules before you use that forum. And Rule #1 - the first one - explains that we do not allow PM buying/selling. So messaging someone that you want to buy something from violates the very first rule of buying/selling here. When folks participate they become vested - and folks who are vested are less likely to ignore or not read the BST forum rules - and that causes everyone less grief :th:  Please give the guidelines a glance...everyone here has gone through the same process...thanks :)

TimS

I read the rules. I know I can not pm but I cant reply to a thread either yet. I meant messaging them as I can not comment that I want to buy it first. Just trying to buy some staals and this site has had a few good ones pop up :(

Just now, staalkingq said:

I read the rules. I know I can not pm but I cant reply to a thread either yet. I meant messaging them as I can not comment that I want to buy it first. Just trying to buy some staals and this site has had a few good ones pop up :(

Gotcha...in your post you mentioned both ‘posts’ and ‘message people’, my apologies for the confusion :)

1 min ago, TimS said:

Gotcha...in your post you mentioned both ‘posts’ and ‘message people’, my apologies for the confusion :)

For sure, been looking here since 2013, just been browsing. Never been able to buy anything and now I see why. But yes, not pming but commenting for a spot on asking price etc. Pm only for paypal info etc.

22 hours ago, staalkingq said:

Anybody know how to find very old staals? Looking into very very low serial numbers. Not sure how to find these.

Stick around and browse around. Lots and lots of history on Van Staals. use Tools sol gives you like the search feature. You can go back and look at old threads and learn about anything you need to know about Staals And almost anything fishing related you can think of. 

Just now, hydraman said:

Stick around and browse around. Lots and lots of history on Van Staals. use Tools sol gives you like the search feature. You can go back and look at old threads and learn about anything you need to know about Staals And almost anything fishing related you can think of. 

Love this place. Been just browsing it for years and most of my questions I have ever thought about have been on here. Search feature has worked wonders for me in the past when I'm out on the pier, from knots, to rigs, to simple tips most people don't think about. 

I've been browsing, slowly building my post numbers up. Hopefully by the time I can post in the BST a mint 150L will pop up in time for me to jump on it