bumknee

Name of old restaurant just off Bourne Rotary ?

Rate this topic

62 posts in this topic

46 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

I can still see Mr. Powers in his blue shirt , sunglasses on top of his head munching away at his favorite breakfast of fat:howdy:

Yep, powder blue shirt......ascot......hip waders.......white/cream colored bill hat with his burnt orange colored lens sunglasses ….jigging east running water at Pips with a yellow banana handle Nautil..

Those were the days.

Yes indeed. Those were the best days ( mornings really ) of my life. I look back on - those not so long ago - days as magical. 

Not only was the fishing exciting and extraordinary , the fishermen themselves were and are some of the best folks I've ever known. We were fishing something like 500 - 600 hours per season. Loved every minute.

I miss you guys. Hope to see you this summer. 

24 mins ago, J Powers said:

Yes indeed. Those were the best days ( mornings really ) of my life. I look back on - those not so long ago - days as magical. 

Not only was the fishing exciting and extraordinary , the fishermen themselves were and are some of the best folks I've ever known. We were fishing something like 500 - 600 hours per season. Loved every minute.

I miss you guys. Hope to see you this summer. 

Brother James are you fishing at all any more. If you do get down this way give a call perhaps we can have coffee

Angler,

Still have my office in Hyannis but I moved to North Carolina a few years ago. I'm a commuter now - airplanes back and forth. 

We opened a Veterinary hospital here so have been mucho busy with that the last couple of years. It looks like things have settled down to a point that I can trek back up to the canal this summer for an extended time. At least that's the plan. We'll see.

I'll certainly let you know.

JP

1 hour ago, J Powers said:

Angler,

Still have my office in Hyannis but I moved to North Carolina a few years ago. I'm a commuter now - airplanes back and forth. 

We opened a Veterinary hospital here so have been mucho busy with that the last couple of years. It looks like things have settled down to a point that I can trek back up to the canal this summer for an extended time. At least that's the plan. We'll see.

I'll certainly let you know.

JP

You know if you have a travel trailer and you need a place to set up you can stop at the Dew drop Inn in Sandwich for awhile , you would even have a fire pit with plenty of wood. WEre only a short jump from the east end

Posted (edited) · Report post

Was joking of course.....

We all had it made back in those days. 

I'll always know, I fished with the best.

Edited by J Powers

Would love to jig next to you again this summer.

of course NOT in the thunderstorm at the east end again!

Bill

one more cast

one more cast

RUN!!!

LOL

still a good morning to be with you guys.

Hope all is well

2 hours ago, bdsandman said:

I was about horizonal to the groung heading back to the truck. Crazy lightning!

Good to see some of the old crew posting again here.

You forgot to mention the large you went home with that day