bumknee

Name of old restaurant just off Bourne Rotary ?

Rate this topic

62 posts in this topic

I can't think of the name of the old place just off the Bourne Rotary on the left when you were headed towards the Sagamore. Back in the 80's and into the 90's, when me and some friends were major league rookies at fishing the area, we ended up stumbling in there for greasy bacon and eggs, coffee, etc  after a night or early morning. It started when we were in college at a state college up the road, and continued into the 90s to escape the wife and family responsibilities -sometimes with permission to go for the night, or if I got lucky, me ex-wife would allow me to camp for the night.

 

For a change of pace of the present issues going on, does anyone remember the name of that place, as well if you can share a good story without naming names?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, b-ware said:

Quintel's…. where the gas station and DD's is now...………..

That's it. Thanks.

 

We were early 20 something guys who most likely stood out as rookies, but when we went in to fuel up on grease and coffee, we generally kept our head's down and mouths shut.

 

Any stories for entertainment purposes only would be appreciated.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember Quintel's, but maybe it had another name for a different owner at a different time, because there are two "entries" for Crack of Dawn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2020 at 6:26 PM, bumknee said:

I remember Quintel's, but maybe it had another name for a different owner at a different time, because there are two "entries" for Crack of Dawn. 

The second might be for the place in Wareham, on Route 28. It's near that big Ford dealership. Or was three years ago. :laugh: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one I was asking about is the one on the right right before the Bourne Rotary. It was knocked down years ago, and there is a DDs there now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 mins ago, bumknee said:

The one I was asking about is the one on the right right before the Bourne Rotary. It was knocked down years ago, and there is a DDs there now.

The main restaurant was Quintal's, and the breakfast wing was called the Crack of Dawn. They were in the same building. It was sold and knocked down after a fire.

Restaurants in Bourne are known for fires. Some of what are termed "suspicious origin" by the fire marshal. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 mins ago, Ditch Jigger said:

The main restaurant was Quintal's, and the breakfast wing was called the Crack of Dawn. They were in the same building. It was sold and knocked down after a fire.

Restaurants in Bourne are known for fires. Some of what are termed "suspicious origin" by the fire marshal. ;) 

 

DJ....if I remember correctly, wasn't there an old time popcorn machine located inside as you first walked in the door? Red color?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.