Recruitkim

Anyone catch bluefish?

Rate this topic

100 posts in this topic

8 mins ago, Sandflee said:

yes Party Boats stand on the fact they are a recreational fishery, essentially a taxi to the fishing grounds in which case every passenger should have the same quota as if on the sand or a private vessel, no tossing them an extra fish to encourage ticket sales

The funny thing is that down in the Gulf of Mexico, where this sector separation stuff started, the for-hires are all about being held accountable, believing that being held accountable is good for the fish, and that what is good for the fish is good for their business.

It's a mirror image of what we have up here.  Down there, the for-hires tend to be the responsible parties, who were hurt by the private boats chronically overfishing their red snapper quota, then continuing to fish in state waters when the federal season was closed and federally- permitted charter and party boats had to shut down.  Sector separation allowed them to have a longer federal waters season without being hurt by the private boats' excesses; they fish under the same bag and size limits as private vessels.  Here, the for-hires want special bag and/or size limits and/or seasons, and so take more of the quota that they share with the private boats and surfcasters.

2 hours ago, Mike24 said:

Anybody having solid bluefish action in SS nassau county? I usually have no issues finding them but just can’t seem to so far. 

Keep searching! The last 3 Times I went to look for the blue. I was skunked.

1 hour ago, gimbap1707 said:

Any way to lessen the chances of a bluefish cutting your line? No ridiculous leaders please

Why not? 

6 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

50lbs ande here never really an issue unless your fishing bucktails .. sometimes they get through it .. you could go 60 or even 80 

He's fishing bait. Spiked rod? :laugh:

I thought only bait shops sell bait . Click bait much? lol . Ah do what ya gotta do times are tough. Wasn't this thread about who's catching Bluefish?

Posted (edited) · Report post

16 hours ago, the3fishheads said:

Tell ya them jumbo blues can crush your balls.

Man that was an ass kicker warrior fish .. I forgot how crazy those head shakes were till I just watched that vid again .. man good times .. mo 

Edited by Wire For Fire