Recruitkim

Anyone catch bluefish?

Rate this topic

100 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, Stripedbass50lbs said:

You would be surprised at how many so called Avid Fishermen do not know The New Bluefish Regs.  I had the pleasure to be in the middle of a decent pick of Blues yesterday and had to chastise several for keeping MORE THAN THREE.  If on a Party Boat then its 5.  These Regs ALSO INCLUDE SNAPPERS.  If we keep this greed up just to pound our chests, These Fierce Fighters will go The Way Of The Flounder And Whiting.  So Gentlemen, please inform your friends and those casual fishermen who do not know the regulations. Good Luck.

Sb

should be 3 for all, no special regs for Party boats IMO

Edited by Sandflee

Anyone have an idea regarding the best chance to catch blues? I went out to a SS ocean this morning a bit after sunrise and got skunked. Not sure what I need to be focusing on/changing.

1 hour ago, gimbap1707 said:

Anyone have an idea regarding the best chance to catch blues? I went out to a SS ocean this morning a bit after sunrise and got skunked. Not sure what I need to be focusing on/changing.

Cover more water - it’s the only thing you need to do to find bluefish. They are dumb and always hungry...just keep changing location until you find them :)

TimS

I almost forget what it feels like to fight a big gorilla blue on a popper let alone getting sore during a blitz of them. I’m 31, I’ve fished all my life but only got into serious surf fishing over the past 10 years or so which is nothing to most guys on here and even I recall considering them a “nuisance” only a few years back when bass were around. Now I miss it, I miss being able to just fight a fish that pulls, over the last 2 years I’ve downsized almost all my tackle and even taken up fly fishing...

On 5/18/2020 at 9:13 AM, Sandflee said:

should be 3 for all, no special regs for Party boats IMO

Hard to disagree with that.

However, so-called "sector separation" is a big talking point for the for-hires right now.  In Rhode Island, they tried, unsuccessfully, to get special regulations for both blackfish and bass this year.  At the Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council, they're looking for special rules for bluefish, fluke and black sea bass (they already have them for scup).

The interesting thing is that they're a lot mpore eager to get special regulations than they are to get their own allocation, that reflects their current share of a fishery, and then they are to get their own quota, and be held accountable if that quota is exceeded.

yes,,YES they aarrrrrrr

same ole beach,did my walk to the west,,threw the sm. charlie graves [looking for them schoolies]

& GOT BIT OFF , okaaaay!

kinda expected it,,so the white SS popster goes on,,,,,,,,,,had enough after 6 and fed that popster to # 7:howdy:

What are you guys getting them on? Gators jumping out of the water and I was throwing soft plastics, shads, bucktails, etc. Maybe the lack of current when I was fishing was a factor? Though I don’t think bluefish care that much.

50 mins ago, gimbap1707 said:

What are you guys getting them on? Gators jumping out of the water and I was throwing soft plastics, shads, bucktails, etc. Maybe the lack of current when I was fishing was a factor? Though I don’t think bluefish care that much.

Bring me with you and I will show you the light 

Posted (edited) · Report post

On May 19, 2020 at 10:19 AM, CWitek said:

Hard to disagree with that.

However, so-called "sector separation" is a big talking point for the for-hires right now.  In Rhode Island, they tried, unsuccessfully, to get special regulations for both blackfish and bass this year.  At the Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council, they're looking for special rules for bluefish, fluke and black sea bass (they already have them for scup).

The interesting thing is that they're a lot mpore eager to get special regulations than they are to get their own allocation, that reflects their current share of a fishery, and then they are to get their own quota, and be held accountable if that quota is exceeded.

yes Party Boats stand on the fact they are a recreational fishery, essentially a taxi to the fishing grounds in which case every passenger should have the same quota as if on the sand or a private vessel, no tossing them an extra fish to encourage ticket sales

Edited by Sandflee