100 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Recruitkim said:

Anyone catching any bluefish?

It's may and I still haven't caught a damn thing

Should be any day, last year was the 13th for most places  

Posted (edited) · Report post

31 mins ago, CLFish5 said:

Your not alone. 0/12 my last trips...it sucks

Same here.  Each year the window gets smaller and smaller.  This is what happens when there are less fish around.  When they were abundant I would see blitzes off Fort Tilden and Jbay starting the 3rd week of August and they would last all the way into November.

Edited by jps1010

Posted (edited) · Report post

26 mins ago, jps1010 said:

Same here.  Each year the window gets smaller and smaller.  This is what happens when there are less fish around.  When they were abundant I would see blitzes off Fort Tilden and Jbay starting the 3rd week of August and they would last all the way into November.

What a time to be alive! I really do thing there is zero chance the big ones are gone already. I see people catching them. 

Edited by CLFish5

You're fishing on an overfished stock, so finding them is going to be a little tough.

I know of some decent fish well to the wast, and I've heard of other fish toward the East End.  If the wind ever stops, I'll get  the boat out and see whether there are any closer to the middle of this island.

Smaller sized cocktails around for sure, few buddies pulled them out thinking they were schoolies and had quite the surprise,but I havent had one yet lol. J-Bay and heading east for us, hoping we see some good sized gators soon!!

9 mins ago, the3fishheads said:

Saw guy yest. Place was quiet. Hope that wasn't all she wrote.

Yea we been grinding .. 2 weeks ago good , now sucky ... hope I’m wrong but I’d say that was that