NJTramcar

Applicator bottles, suitable for UV glue?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I am experimenting with UV glue as it offers some advantages.  Not giving up epoxy but there is a place for UV.

I ordered some applicator bottles for Solarez thin formula but I have to squeeze very hard just to get a drop out.  

Are these bottles designed for something else or did I order the wrong guage tube?

20200511_170020.jpg

NJ,

You don't want to put Solarez in those bottles.    The reason you might be having difficulty is due to the fact that they are opaque and more than likely some UV light is getting through the bottle and your resin is curing right in the container.   Probably getting thicker by the day.  You need black bottles.   I purchased some awhile back.   Will see if I can find the info and post.

HT

Thank you.   These are filled an hour ago but I did have the garage for open. 

I think you may be right about the light and I think the tube is too small.

Please let me know about the black bottles. 

NJ,

Plenty of places to find dispenser bottles but the least expensive I've found is US Plastics.    These 2 oz bottles are the same size as the smaller Solarez bottles and plenty cheap.

bottle1.png.e391c1951bc468f5359183c622d45192.png

For dispenser caps basically the same, plenty of places and sizes depending on what you want to dispense.  I purchased some of these for dispensing liquid fusion in larger amounts.

bottle2.png.8f9dc298afb1cc892baa08e2fb9beeb9.png

You can also go to eBay or Amazon for caps/tips sold directly by Solarez.    Two types at the same price but I like the stainless tip with the screw on cap since press on caps sometimes come off in transportation to FF destinations.  

Best I've found from Solarez.

bottle3.png.be289024f4ff4e46d939266714a5bd83.png

Solarez also makes the following.

bottle4.png.845e772c923a61636043b1589e50873d.png

If you want to purchase generic caps for "luer lock" tips then these are pretty cheap at $.67 each.   You have to purchase tips separately.

bottle5.png.264dc87bc5ddc92184f69b8e27f0e20b.png

When it comes to tips you can purchase a select pack with different size tips to experiment with volumes.   You can get all plastic or stainless steel.

bottle7.png.0b82f4873498f3c4dff219057a1e13d5.png

bottle6.png.6dff2bb48d43d8efb40f80c7c41dd8b5.png

The key to purchasing these bottles and caps is to make sure the screw threads match.   The 2 oz bottles typically come as 20/410 threads so you need a corresponding cap thread for compatibility.   The larger 4 oz bottles (Solarez's largest bottle) are 24/410 screw threads.

Hope this helps.

HT

Thank you, this helps a lot.  I appreciate the time it took to get the information together.

16 mins ago, NJTramcar said:

Thank you, this helps a lot.  I appreciate the time it took to get the information together.

I got some opaque ones from amazon that I just wrapped with the blue painters tape to keep the light out . 

If you are anywhere near SeaBright I’ll give you a few. I will never use all the ones I bought.