irishexit

Reel Pairing for St. Croix Legend 9'

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

I don’t mean to hijack this thread but would a ssvi 4500 work with the rod? I am also looking at the 9 footer

10 hours ago, Local66 said:

I have a certate 5000 on mine. I had a penn torque 5 on it before, and it just didn't feel right. 

FB_IMG_1583237021572.jpg

How is the balance on that set up and do you think the Certate can handle throwing 2 oz jigs for snook at the inlet? I have a 1-4 9’ legend and I’m debating if I should get a 5k Certate or just go with a 5/6k saragosa 

1 hour ago, saltygator said:

How is the balance on that set up and do you think the Certate can handle throwing 2 oz jigs for snook at the inlet? I have a 1-4 9’ legend and I’m debating if I should get a 5k Certate or just go with a 5/6k saragosa 

Personal preference, the certate is definitely capable. Saragosas should be going on sale soon fwiw. The torque 5 was right at 20oz, and I didn't care for it on that rod. The certate weighs half as much.

1 hour ago, Local66 said:

Personal preference, the certate is definitely capable. Saragosas should be going on sale soon fwiw. The torque 5 was right at 20oz, and I didn't care for it on that rod. The certate weighs half as much.

I’ll have to get my hands on one and try it out. The weight is definitely a huge plus. What lb line do you have on yours? I’m hoping we see more info on the new gosa soon