MEF

Tsunami Salt X Finish

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Hi there, I just ordered a Brand New Tsunami Salt X reel and got it in the mail today. Reel seems to work well, but on looking at the fit and finish, there are some scuffs in the finish around where the screws are put into the side plate and black marks in the silver anodizing on the other side plate. Obviously they won't hurt the functionality of the reel, but to anyone else who has one, did you happen to notice anything like this on the reel when it was brand new? Just concerned I may have gotten one that went through the ringer in the factory or shipping.

9 mins ago, LoneCaster said:

Battle scars 

A brand new reel really shouldn't have any battle scars.

My SaltX certainly didn't have the most beautiful finish but it appeared clean and untouched out of the box. Does your reel seem to have any mechanical issues?

It's not exactly a van staal or zebaas, it's a mid level reel made by tsunami. Mine had a couple Mark's on it as well. When things are mass produced down the assembly line, it happens. It wont affect your reels performance, go bang it up!

The reel seemed to work alright, but it’s more the principle of it. While it’s not a van stall, it’s still a $400 reel, wouldn’t expect vs or zeebass fit and finish but would certainly expect it to look new out of the box. Decided to return the reel while still new. 

On 5/10/2020 at 9:45 PM, MEF said:

Hi there, I just ordered a Brand New Tsunami Salt X reel and got it in the mail today. Reel seems to work well, but on looking at the fit and finish, there are some scuffs in the finish around where the screws are put into the side plate and black marks in the silver anodizing on the other side plate. Obviously they won't hurt the functionality of the reel, but to anyone else who has one, did you happen to notice anything like this on the reel when it was brand new? Just concerned I may have gotten one that went through the ringer in the factory or shipping.

Mine was fine out of the box.  I would send it back for your own piece of mind.  just my 02

35 mins ago, MEF said:

I did. Rubbed me the wrong way that a brand new reel had that kinda marking on it

You did right, I'm the same way, but if it was working fine and they wanted to give me some cash back like $50.00 not credit l would be ok with that.

I looked at one at bass pro a while back. First thing i noticed was that the fit and finish was crude. I said it wouldn't stop me from buying it but i will check some reviews when i am the market for a reel.

Mine had a machining mark on the handle.  I called the seller and he got me another handle in just a couple of weeks.  Aside from that the reel is perfect and I have been using it steadily since August of last year.  If I were you, I would send it back and get another one.

I sent it back and forked over the extra change for the VR 150 honestly. Figured neither reel is cheap might as well go for the one from the company that has a bit more of a reputation