MA resident fish in RI?

Rate this topic

JimKu

6 hours ago, MakoMike said:

The MA license doesn’t have reciprocal privileges in NY or CT. IIRC it’s only good in adjoining states e. g. RI and NH.

Yeah....I screwed that up.  

5 hours ago, MakoMike said:

I stand corrected as to CT. But MA is not reciprocal with NY while CT is.

Which is stupid because ny doesn't charge anything so why not reciprocate with everyone?

2 hours ago, quack said:

Yeah....I screwed that up.  

Which is stupid because ny doesn't charge anything so why not reciprocate with everyone?

Don’t shoot the messenger!

====Mako Mike====
Makomania Sportfishing
Pt. Judith, RI

On 5/23/2020 at 8:21 AM, JimKu said:

I have a ma saltwater req license which in the past was good in Rhode Island. I’m assuming the rule hasn’t changed. 

My wife was telling me this morning that RI may be opening up to ma residents on June 1 or 5th. 

People been fishing in RI for weeks. That measure is a joke. 75% of the license plates I see when fishing is all MA plates. Even when DEM rolls through they don’t do nada. Just drive by

Either people don’t care or they didn’t get the message. Social media was alive with people from ma in Rhode Island eating,fishing,going to beach etc.  

I’m sticking to the rule. I think they supposed to official welcome outsiders this week sometime. 

13 mins ago, JimKu said:

Either people don’t care or they didn’t get the message. Social media was alive with people from ma in Rhode Island eating,fishing,going to beach etc.  

I’m sticking to the rule. I think they supposed to official welcome outsiders this week sometime. 

I have seen lots of MA guys fishing RI this weekend.  No one seemed to say anything or care.

^^ I didnt even notice it didnt get censored, I guess anal is acceptable in SOL....

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, JimKu said:

I guess I shouldn’t worry about it but does anyone know if ri officially is allowing it. I was looking at the ri.gov this morning and couldn’t find any comment. 

Ocean state tackle said it was O.K. on their Facebook page yesterday.

====Mako Mike====
Makomania Sportfishing
Pt. Judith, RI