JimKu

MA resident fish in RI?

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

I have a ma saltwater req license which in the past was good in Rhode Island. I’m assuming the rule hasn’t changed. 

My wife was telling me this morning that RI may be opening up to ma residents on June 1 or 5th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JimKu said:

I have a ma saltwater req license which in the past was good in Rhode Island. I’m assuming the rule hasn’t changed. 

My wife was telling me this morning that RI may be opening up to ma residents on June 1 or 5th. 

I heard Oct 1st. I hear the canal has fish. :stick:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 1:55 PM, makaha said:

I would assume salt water rec license reciprocity with MA, CT, if you live/purchase in RI??

Well it would say on the paper that it is a RI license.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 1:55 PM, makaha said:

I would assume salt water rec license reciprocity with MA, CT, if you live/purchase in RI??

Yes, if you are an RI resident and purchase an RI license, it is reciprocal in ma and ct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 mins ago, quack said:

IYes, if you are an RI resident and purchase an RI license, it is reciprocal in ma and ct

I would assume all 3 states offer reciprocity with each other; NY, RI, CT also....

Edited by makaha
misspelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 11:55 AM, MakoMike said:

WTF you talking about with a "tri-state" license?

I live in ma. Have been fishing southern ri strictly for over 25 years strictly. When I buy my salt water license up here, it covers ma, ri and ct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 11:55 AM, MakoMike said:

WTF you talking about with a "tri-state" license?

I live in ma. Have been fishing southern ri strictly for over 25 years strictly. When I buy my salt water license up here, it covers ma, ri and ct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's as I stated in the Mask thread that got booted to the PG Forum......

We're gonna have to realistically deal with a bunch of BS to get to a point where they "GOVERNMENT" allows everything to get back to semi normal and work this Shat out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and we have to wear mask all the time!   

YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, makaha said:

I would assume all 3 states offer reciprocity with each other; NY, RI, CT also....

Mostly.  If you live in MA, you need to buy a MA license and it's reciprocal to all those other states.  If you are a MA resident and buy a different state's license it's not reciprocal in MA.  I'm sure no one would enforce it, but that's what the regs say. RI doesn't have that wording in the regs.  Matter of fact, you can (at least in previous years) you can get a free license from NY and use that in RI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, quack said:

Mostly.  If you live in MA, you need to buy a MA license and it's reciprocal to all those other states.  If you are a MA resident and buy a different state's license it's not reciprocal in MA.  I'm sure no one would enforce it, but that's what the regs say. RI doesn't have that wording in the regs.  Matter of fact, you can (at least in previous years) you can get a free license from NY and use that in RI.

The MA license doesn’t have reciprocal privileges in NY or CT. IIRC it’s only good in adjoining states e. g. RI and NH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike, Mass resident here. I looked it up the other day as I was wondering about CT and found that MA is reciprocal in NH, RI, CT, and even ME.

Was very surprised about ME.

Screenshot_20200524-090232_Chrome.jpg.99327d4deb14280c948a645b0e46261e.jpg

 

Assuming this post is correct, as it's from Mass dot gov. Though with the "dot gov".. that's saying a lot :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.