JimKu

MA resident fish in RI?

Rate this topic

57 posts in this topic

On the news this morning Romando cheese was stating that they are starting to open up parks. Does the first phase allow Ma residents to park and fish in ri?  I’m a shore only fisherman and live close to the border and a lot of my spots are in ri. Just want to follow the rules.  Not issue with staying in ma if it’s still closed. 

She has stated that relaxing on out of state people will occur in phase 2. Now enforcement is a different story.

No, they're watching pretty closely near me. 6 pack charters are limited to RI residents as well, max of 4 fishing and the Capt.

I'm from RI, I'm moving to CT, and I will have MA plates. I plan on fishing from shore in RI in a couple weeks. Hopefully they ease up on these rules by then, otherwise I will roll the dice and bet on them not actually enforcing these "laws." I fish late at night in the summer and when I'm fishing I obviously don't want other guys coming to my spots. I highly, highly doubt they would ever give someone a fine for this, worst case scenario you are told to leave. In which case I will take my kayak across the river and come in that way :)

Curious for this as well

CT resident who mostly only fishes RI

Curious when I'm allowed to go back and start fishing 

Have heard from a friend that there are out of state plates everywhere but with my luck il be the one who gets pinched 

If you don't want to break the rules you gotta stay out.  If you don't care, the cops don't either.  Only reason I can see the cops speaking to you will be if the neighborhood bi ch calls and complains...which he/she will

On 5/9/2020 at 1:46 PM, MakoMike said:

I went up and did some work on my boat on Tuesday. No hassles.

i Drove thru the 95 gounlett ,,statties didnt follow, gee wonder why Rights !!!!!  

Posted (edited) · Report post

They are indeed enforcing the no out of state fishing rule. I know at least 2 people who were definitely out of spots for being a MA resident.  

Edited by rbart

On 5/9/2020 at 3:32 PM, quack said:

If you don't want to break the rules you gotta stay out.  If you don't care, the cops don't either.  Only reason I can see the cops speaking to you will be if the neighborhood bi ch calls and complains...which he/she will

Park in town & ride bike to fishing spot.

5 hours ago, rbart said:

They are indeed enforcing the no out of state fishing rule. I know at least 2 people who were definitely out of spots for being a MA resident.  

wow.....that surprises me. 

On 5/9/2020 at 7:51 AM, JimKu said:

On the news this morning Romando cheese was stating that they are starting to open up parks. Does the first phase allow Ma residents to park and fish in ri?  I’m a shore only fisherman and live close to the border and a lot of my spots are in ri. Just want to follow the rules.  Not issue with staying in ma if it’s still closed. 

Are you an American citizen?

Then yes, you can fish RI no matter what this dbag governor says.

Full stop.

And just so we are clear. The Supreme Law of the Land that provides MA citizens with the right to fish in RI is as follows:

Since RI residents get to fish, so does any other American, period. No rule, order, advisory, or any other made up bull**** by the dbag governor Trumps (pun intended) the United States Constitution:

ARTICLE IV

States, Citizenship, New States

Signed in convention September 17, 1787. Ratified June 21, 1788. A portion of Article IV, Section 2, was changed by the 13th Amendment

Posted (edited) · Report post

And to bring this to a final closure for all you MA residents and beyond that are ah-scared to go to RI, here is the universal Law Enforcement Oath of Honor. 

"On my honor, I will never betray my badge, my integrity, my character, or my public trust. I will always have the courage to hold myself and others accountable for our actions. I will always uphold the constitution, my community, and the agency I serve." -Law Enforcement Oath of Honor-

So don't be afraid to act like the law abiding American you are all are. Be nice, but stern, and don't back down if a cop tells you that you can't fish or park in a public place in RI. 

And until RI shuts down fishing and access for all, you can go wherever you want, period.

Edited by SwimBait

5 hours ago, SwimBait said:

And just so we are clear. The Supreme Law of the Land that provides MA citizens with the right to fish in RI is as follows:

Since RI residents get to fish, so does any other American, period. No rule, order, advisory, or any other made up bull**** by the dbag governor Trumps (pun intended) the United States Constitution:

ARTICLE IV

States, Citizenship, New States

Signed in convention September 17, 1787. Ratified June 21, 1788. A portion of Article IV, Section 2, was changed by the 13th Amendment

:th: This is the right answer