scoobydoo

Would you buy a 10' rod

Rate this topic

What say you?    33 members have voted

1. 1. What say you?

• That'd be awesome
    • Nah I prefer my egg beaters

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 posts in this topic

MY main rod is 9'6" with that rating.........  so yeah............    It's more ab out being there at the right time than casting out far enough.......  The longer you can fish, the more you catch...........

I would but I’d want a longer butt than the dark matter has, not a of fan of a 12” butt on a rod that long. Only a few more inches would be great. Around a 16” butt would be nice.

1 hour ago, Captain Ahab said:

How is the distance with all those brakes?

It's good.  Like any other baitcaster with centrifugal and magnetic brakes except the reel has more than most would need but it's nice to know that they are available.

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

That's a lot of braking....

It's pretty tough to blow up some of the larger low pros....unless you stick the sod bank on the way out :)  

It is a lot and you don't always need it that is for sure.  But it's nice to know that they are there if you do.  I have Abu Ambassadors 5500 and 6500 size, Akios Shuttles, Low profile Daiwa revo's and for the money this reel is hands down the best for ease of casting and control for the type of fishing we are talking about.  It's not a 1/16 or 1/8 oz lure kind of reel but for 3/4 to 3 oz it would be very good.  I use it for light chunking as well...  Up to 4 oz with bait.  These are used quite a bit in the UK where they are built.  

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 0:31 AM, scoobydoo said:

Rated to 3/4 to 2.25oz for a conventional / baitcaster? 

For light plugging? 

Shore fluking? 

sure would.

would have to feel it first since I am not crazy about parabolic rods anymore.

love my 5 shimano scimitars although they are just 8-1/2 feet and rated 3/4-3.

HH

I'm confused, 10ft rod yes good for surf, fluke other hand seems over kill, seems like two different rods/set up/purposes if you ask me, yet you can target fluke with a 10 ft rod, so hell, go crazy, have fun 

On 5/22/2020 at 0:30 AM, AudAtkins said:

I'm confused, 10ft rod yes good for surf, fluke other hand seems over kill, seems like two different rods/set up/purposes if you ask me, yet you can target fluke with a 10 ft rod, so hell, go crazy, have fun 

I agree its a versatile beach rod. Has its pros and cons

On 5/10/2020 at 11:38 AM, Dinger117 said:

I would but I’d want a longer butt than the dark matter has, not a of fan of a 12” butt on a rod that long. Only a few more inches would be great. Around a 16” butt would be nice.

I've been fishing it solely for the past few days and nights.....about 50 hours taped conventional with the stock seat....

Smoked a bunch of big hybrids on it and it felt like it was made for the task. 

Throwing 1/3 oz floating rattle traps..which cast like a potato chip...then smoked a 1 oz stick shad.....

Brakes set to 5 with 20lb braid on a steez sv tw.......is super comfortable...

Spent the day throwing swimbaits and a megabass x wing on a Bantam MGL I tuned up this morning and it loved it.....

I'm torn with the need for a longer butt.....Originally I had planned for an extra 2 inches to pitt tuck.....but It's extremely comfortable as is...Gonna wrap it and reposition the seat and see if it is any better.....

Yes! I did today. A Lamiglas XS101MHC. Put a Tranx 401 on it. Feels nice, but won't  really know till the fall when I start throwing eels & heavy bucktails on it.

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

I've been fishing it solely for the past few days and nights.....about 50 hours taped conventional with the stock seat....

Smoked a bunch of big hybrids on it and it felt like it was made for the task. 

Throwing 1/3 oz floating rattle traps..which cast like a potato chip...then smoked a 1 oz stick shad.....

Brakes set to 5 with 20lb braid on a steez sv tw.......is super comfortable...

Spent the day throwing swimbaits and a megabass x wing on a Bantam MGL I tuned up this morning and it loved it.....

I'm torn with the need for a longer butt.....Originally I had planned for an extra 2 inches to pitt tuck.....but It's extremely comfortable as is...Gonna wrap it and reposition the seat and see if it is any better.....

That sounds super promising I’m glad it’s working out. I’ve been on a kick to convert as much of my gear over to baitcasting/coventional as possible for a little while now so I’d definitely be interested in something like this. I’ve got a tfo sp rod and always think it’d be cool to have in conventional. This blank sounds like a beast.