scoobydoo

Would you buy a 10' rod

Rate this topic

What say you?    33 members have voted

1. 1. What say you?

• That'd be awesome
    • Nah I prefer my egg beaters

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Rated to 3/4 to 2.25oz for a conventional / baitcaster? 

For light plugging? 

Shore fluking? 

Edited by scoobydoo

I would on a divorce garage sale, One time I got 3 shimano calcutta reel for 20.00 each and someone beat me out on the loomis rods,

On 5/9/2020 at 0:31 AM, scoobydoo said:

For light plugging? 

Shore fluking? 

Yes i did, oh i forgot its just a junky Abu reel so probably doesn't count. :cool:

20170521_122510.jpg

On 5/9/2020 at 0:31 AM, scoobydoo said:

For light plugging? 

Shore fluking? 

A 10 rod means 10' rod?  Anyway, I have a fantastic baitcaster that I'll bet you don't have.  One of the reasons that plugging with baitcasters is a bit of a pain is that eventually you will backlash.  200 casts in a day almost guarantees it.  That is, unless you have my secret weapon.  And it's CHEAP....  The Tronixpro Envoy Tournament Mag.  This reel has so much braking power that you can't backlash no matter how hard you try if you have all the brakes in place.  It has a very good Akios like mag setup with a Centrifugal setup with 8 blocks.  With everything out it is totally free spool but with everything in it can stop an Elephant.  I bought mine new for $60.  Can't really beat that....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tronix-Pro-Envoy-Tournament-Mag-Beach-Reel-Right-Hand-Wind-SALE/153922484868?hash=item23d67eba84:m:mtNO6AozwsywDhA4qxrB89w

2 hours ago, Birdsnester said:

A 10 rod means 10' rod?  Anyway, I have a fantastic baitcaster that I'll bet you don't have.  One of the reasons that plugging with baitcasters is a bit of a pain is that eventually you will backlash.  200 casts in a day almost guarantees it.  That is, unless you have my secret weapon.  And it's CHEAP....  The Tronixpro Envoy Tournament Mag.  This reel has so much braking power that you can't backlash no matter how hard you try if you have all the brakes in place.  It has a very good Akios like mag setup with a Centrifugal setup with 8 blocks.  With everything out it is totally free spool but with everything in it can stop an Elephant.  I bought mine new for $60.  Can't really beat that....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tronix-Pro-Envoy-Tournament-Mag-Beach-Reel-Right-Hand-Wind-SALE/153922484868?hash=item23d67eba84:m:mtNO6AozwsywDhA4qxrB89w

That's a lot of braking....

It's pretty tough to blow up some of the larger low pros....unless you stick the sod bank on the way out :)  

2 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Yes i did, oh i forgot its just a junky Abu reel so probably doesn't count. :cool:

20170521_122510.jpg

Abu, Akios, Omoto...........all the same :) 

Nice AH spook....caught a few last week on it.