chitala383

Lost my mom today to covid

Rate this topic

140 posts in this topic

Saying goodbye to someone we love is heartbreaking. May you find comfort in all the special memories shared with your mom!

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal."

On 5/8/2020 at 10:44 PM, chitala383 said:

My mom lost her battle with covid tonight at about 8:30. About 2 months ago she was admitted to the hospital for other issues. She has always had many health problems. She was in the hospital for 2 weeks then discharged to a physical rehab facility. After about a week she was ready to go home until she started showing symptoms of covid. She was admitted back to the hospital where she tested positive. She went downhill pretty quickly. About 4 weeks ago she was intubsted and put on a vent. Little by little things stated getting better. Then, about a week ago she took a turn the wrong way. The other day we had to decide whether to put in a permanent trache and keep her on the vent indefinitely, or let hospice take over and let her go peacefully. She expressed many times during her life that she didn't want to live on life support. Hope for the best but expect the worst I guess. I'll rest easy tonight knowing that she finally got to hug my dad after 19 years and my little brother after 11 years again.

Rest easy mom, I love you.

So sorry for your loss. 

Sorry for your loss. May the Lord have mercy on her soul and give you the strength to get thru this most difficult time.

On 9.5.2020. at 4:44 AM, chitala383 said:

The other day we had to decide whether to put in a permanent trache and keep her on the vent indefinitely, or let hospice take over and let her go peacefully.

Always better thing to do.