webfoot44

Glock 43 or Sig 365

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

I conceal carried Glocks for years.  Owned a 43.  Tried a P365 and it is my current defense weapon.  Fits like a glove, great trigger and ultra reliable.  I have yet to have any problem with it and believe most of the negative press out there on this gun is due to armchair "operators" who could make a Glock 19 jam.

For me, the 365 shines.

I'm partial to the Glock 43, because I hate Sigs.  And compact 1911's are jams waiting to happen.

That said - GO TO THE RANGE AND TRY ONE OUT.  

SHOOT A MAG WITH YOUR NON-DOMINANT HAND (left hand if you are right-handed).

If the 43 jams - understand that this will be a limitation on defensive use of the gun.

19 hours ago, acesover said:

Interesting thread. After I recover from surgery, I am going to add a 9mm to the collection. I was looking pretty hard at the 365, but not looking for a small, carry weapon. Looked at the Glock, not sure about the grip angle, as I shoot a 1911, but I am sure that can be adjusted to.  And then, I start looking at the Smith 625 and the 9mm goes out the window......

Sounds like you should look at a Hi Power 

You really need to try out as many as you can.  I worked with Sigs, never had a problem, agency switched to Glocks and never a problem.  As far as compact 9mm I like the Sig 938..fit my hand well with the pinky mag....shoots well and easy to conceal....I also have Glocks and enjoy them as well.  It comes down to what feels right in your hands, and what do you have confidence in.

1 hour ago, The Gremlin said:

You really need to try out as many as you can.  I worked with Sigs, never had a problem, agency switched to Glocks and never a problem.  As far as compact 9mm I like the Sig 938..fit my hand well with the pinky mag....shoots well and easy to conceal....I also have Glocks and enjoy them as well.  It comes down to what feels right in your hands, and what do you have confidence in.

What he said.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I bought the Glock this morning as I felt I could not trust the Sig enough to consider buying it. Shot the heck out of the Glock this afternoon and it’s very accurate and easy to shoot well. Ran all kinds of ammo through it including two different types of hollow points one of which was +P and had zero malfunctions. Nice gun! 

3 hours ago, webfoot44 said:

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I bought the Glock this morning as I felt I could not trust the Sig enough to consider buying it. Shot the heck out of the Glock this afternoon and it’s very accurate and easy to shoot well. Ran all kinds of ammo through it including two different types of hollow points one of which was +P and had zero malfunctions. Nice gun! 

Atta boy 43 or 43x ? any pictures 

51 mins ago, TheKnot said:

1557342575526.jpg.bdb97efe1a95c6a0a58861c324b1fd66.jpgNever get enough of my 43x i have some nice mod's on this gun and it has over 7k through it with no malfuntions yet 

KIMG0021.JPG

Recently saw that they finally released the 43x in black. Nice.