webfoot44

Glock 43 or Sig 365

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

I have a 43X and it has been great.   Glocks may not be the best looking thing out there but they go bang every time.    It is a tool and if I ever need to use it I want to know it will do what it is supposed to do.  I've got a CT light /laser on it right now but the jury is still out on that.

Both are good pistols, you won't go wrong with either one. I have a 365 and installed Pierce magazine extenders, now fits like a glove. Before my pinky was hanging off and didn't fell right, now it's purrffect. As far as I'm concerned, the only difference between the 43 and 365 is the amount of rounds they hold, 7 vs 10 standard. Larger round capacity are available for both but not legal in some states.

Been a 1911 guy forever but little by little I'm being converted to Glock.....the simplicity and ease of switching out parts is incredible....a trigger job / drop-in in minutes and they do work in even adverse conditions….as for the OP, IMO Sig makes great products but......43X absolutely.

11 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Been a 1911 guy forever but little by little I'm being converted to Glock.....the simplicity and ease of switching out parts is incredible....a trigger job / drop-in in minutes and they do work in even adverse conditions….as for the OP, IMO Sig makes great products but......43X absolutely.

Same here.   I took a 1911 my first couple of trips downrange.  I then swapped out to a Glock, ran it through a shooting transition course, and have never looked back.  Took a Glock 19 and a 26 for the rest of my deployments.  

I LOVE my 1911's (I have 5 of them), but the Glock is the way to go in the current operating environment.  It just took me a few thousand rounds to get the trigger down.   The new Gen 5 Glocks have a damned good trigger.  

Thanks for the replies guys. I am leaning towards the Glock 43 because of all the negative reviews the Sig has gotten. It seems people are still having a lot of problems even with recently produced Sigs. To me even one jam and 300 is too many, the gun has to work every time no excuses.

4 hours ago, webfoot44 said:

Thanks for the replies guys. I am leaning towards the Glock 43 because of all the negative reviews the Sig has gotten. It seems people are still having a lot of problems even with recently produced Sigs. To me even one jam and 300 is too many, the gun has to work every time no excuses.

I love sig guns. Really do. But older sig guns. Too many issues with the 365 and 320 to trust unfortunately.  

With that said you have to get hands on. What feels good to you. 

I'm a Glock fan. Have a few. Do yourself a favor and handle the 19, 26, 43, 45 models.  All have same trigger just different dimensions(thickness)   in your hand.  

As JimP said, hard to beat a 19 or 26 when it comes to simplicity, bang for buck, shootability, and toughness. 

50 years from now I think the Glock 17/19 will be looked at how we look at 1911 platforms now.  

6 hours ago, LBI SurfRat said:

I love sig guns. Really do. But older sig guns. Too many issues with the 365 and 320 to trust unfortunately.  

With that said you have to get hands on. What feels good to you. 

I'm a Glock fan. Have a few. Do yourself a favor and handle the 19, 26, 43, 45 models.  All have same trigger just different dimensions(thickness)   in your hand.  

As JimP said, hard to beat a 19 or 26 when it comes to simplicity, bang for buck, shootability, and toughness. 

50 years from now I think the Glock 17/19 will be looked at how we look at 1911 platforms now.  

I have 5 glocks already and still hate the triggers. Love my Sigs too but like you said the striker fired Sigs have had a lot of issues and they are still getting quite a few negative reviews on Sigs website. Looked at both guns today and I like the way they both feel in my hand. Sig definitely has a better trigger but I don’t feel very good about buying one so I think it’s going to be a Glock 43 if I can find one locally. 

12 hours ago, JimP said:

Same here.   I took a 1911 my first couple of trips downrange.  I then swapped out to a Glock, ran it through a shooting transition course, and have never looked back.  Took a Glock 19 and a 26 for the rest of my deployments.  

I LOVE my 1911's (I have 5 of them), but the Glock is the way to go in the current operating environment.  It just took me a few thousand rounds to get the trigger down.   The new Gen 5 Glocks have a damned good trigger.  

Nice. I have several 1911s as well. Opening up to the Glock. 

They're both excellent tools.  As far as reliability, nearly any manufacturer can ship out a dud but both are known to back their products.  When Sig needed to exchange a bad magazine for me they shipped me 2 mags for the single I sent to them.  I have zero experience with Glock or their service.

Let me point out what you already know, find a local shop and rent either to see which feels and shoots in your hands.  A sometimes overlooked point is aftermarket support.  However, since both have "Legions" (sorry Sig...admittedly a cheap shot) of followers coming up with a holster, magazines, sights, even drop in triggers can be had.  It's a real toss up between the 2 examples.

Having said that, IMHO part of ownership is the pleasure of ownership.  I have to have a weapon that I want to shoot (the only way to gain proficiency) and neither the Glock or Sig samples do a single thing for me.  That's not a dig at the platform but I'm not rolling out of bed looking forward to range day with them either.  If you want rugged reliability, ease or simplicity of use AND something that speaks to you each time you pick it up, I'd offer any number of revolvers or hammer fired semi's that fit the bill.  Apologies this avoids the OP's question but it does speak to a big part of why we pick the guns we do.  I keep an L-Frame in the nightstand and a K6S as my daily carry.  Both will put shots on target every single time.  Both are a pleasure to work on, shoot, admire and each is as reliable as the sunrise.

Good discussion in this thread...

Interesting thread. After I recover from surgery, I am going to add a 9mm to the collection. I was looking pretty hard at the 365, but not looking for a small, carry weapon. Looked at the Glock, not sure about the grip angle, as I shoot a 1911, but I am sure that can be adjusted to.  And then, I start looking at the Smith 625 and the 9mm goes out the window......