Shhh....Now

Brewster herring & Loch Ness Nessie

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

One of my spies on Cape visited a Brewster herring run the other day and sent me a short video of the gull mayhem and another video of the pond at the top of the run.

That clip began at the sluice with herring making the last push up into the pond, and then panned out into the pond itself. Along the far edge of the pond, flat on the water, not diving and resurfacing, leisurely swam what my spy assured me was a mammalian creature, propelling itself with a side to side tail motion. I'd include the clip, but we might as well be looking at Nessie in a dawn fog. 

On what would a local consensus concur ....otter? .. or what?   

thanks

27 mins ago, Swine4Stripers said:

It was most likely my Labrador mix who swims with the herring 

That I would like to see....any pic or vid ?

Posted (edited) · Report post

We have a muskrat at a spot in Nickerson State Park that I fish all the time.It's been very busy building a hooch in the high water bushes and we've left each other alone.It comes within a rod length of me hauling moss,sticks and mud.The water snakes[bigguns!] that I usually see on the sunny days on the path along west facing shore now have some competition for that area.Sure fits the bill of a Musky.

Edited by theshadow

8 hours ago, Pescador710 said:

My money’s on big muskrat. Tail moves side to side for swimming. I think mink swim with more up and down motion like a dolphin.

7 hours ago, theshadow said:

We have a muskrat at a spot in Nickerson State Park that I fish all the time.It's been very busy building a hooch in the high water bushes and we've left each other alone.It comes within a rod length of me hauling moss,sticks and mud.The water snakes[bigguns!] that I usually see on the sunny days on the path along west facing shore now have some competition for that area.Sure fits the bill of a Musky.

^^This. Muskrats will also swim right up to you when wading. Don't seem all that shy of humans. 

13 hours ago, riggler said:

That I would like to see....any pic or vid ?

That wasn’t her this time, but she tries her best to catch the fish by the creek.