Some other changes you may

Rate this topic

see along the banks of the Cape Cod Canal will be the increased visibility of Portable toilets . If all remains as is now , the plan is not open the present rest areas, but place more portable toilets along the canal. They have placed orders for another 20 or so units to cover the whole canal . If and when it happens I would make sure you have your own paper to use.  seeing how that is a commodity the stores are having a time getting . Peace and Prayers

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal

6 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

see along the banks of the Cape Cod Canal will be the increased visibility of Portable toilets . If all remains as is now , the plan is not open the present rest areas, but place more portable toilets along the canal. They have placed orders for another 20 or so units to cover the whole canal . If and when it happens I would make sure you have your own paper to use.  seeing how that is a commodity the stores are having a time getting . Peace and Prayers

Let's push some figures here..….when I fished, I recall there being only one portable toilet land side, and that was at the 100 stairs.  I'm assuming, there was a least one porta potty, Cape side.  

Getting another 20 plus the 2 above, means about 11 potty's on each side. 

Land cut is 7 miles long...meaning a porta potty every 1 1/2 miles. 

With the permanent toilet facilities shuttered........a potty every mile and a half will not cut it.    :dismay:

21 mins ago, capequahog said:

Makes no sense, dumb idea, seems less sanitary than the cleaned buildings and an occasional porta:dismay: 

Unless you plan to drive along with a spray rig and blast em with disinfectant a couple times a day.  Probably easier than maintaining all the surfaces in a full on bathroom.    Either way, either is a last resort for me :scared:

DITCH TROLL

1 hour ago, Tfole said:

Motto of the Canal Porta Potty’s, “where the big ones always get released”.....

Now that is funny . You can rest assured that they will be used for other than what they were designed to do .

Life member M.B.B.A #509

1 hour ago, pogie_boy said:

Unless you plan to drive along with a spray rig and blast em with disinfectant a couple times a day.  Probably easier than maintaining all the surfaces in a full on bathroom.    Either way, either is a last resort for me :scared:

The risk will remain high no matter which ones they use and it simply for me does not make much sense that is what they so far have decided to do , rather then keep the regular bathrooms open . One thing though is that the suns ulter violet light will sterilize the outside if they are in full sun during the day light . I see a great task no matter what they do will need to be maintained to be sterilized through out the day ,

Life member M.B.B.A #509

On 5/8/2020 at 11:55 PM, Joe G said:

Let's push some figures here..….when I fished, I recall there being only one portable toilet land side, and that was at the 100 stairs.  I'm assuming, there was a least one porta potty, Cape side.  

Getting another 20 plus the 2 above, means about 11 potty's on each side. 

Land cut is 7 miles long...meaning a porta potty every 1 1/2 miles. 

With the permanent toilet facilities shuttered........a potty every mile and a half will not cut it.    :dismay:

Cape side, there was one under the Sag, and another one by the radar towers near the Jungle. 

Out of season, there were a couple at the bend in the service road just west of the herring run, mainland side, in addition to those at the rest areas.

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver

Great. Another place for the junkies to go shoot up, OD, and die.

I work as a night driver, and finding even a convenience store that hasn't locked the bathroom overnite because too many people were shooting up and OD'ing got out of hand, and this is up in southern Norfolk County.

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

"You can no longer be oppressed if you are not afraid anymore - Unknown"

SOL Member #174

Yeah, that's REALLY going to draw the tourist to the canal.

You can see the flowing waters on your left or hear the flowing waters on your right?

It will be "low tide" all day/night long!

Oh, and the wonderful sounds that will be amplified by those portable crappers will entertain the young and old alike!

How long before you hear a report including the words "porta-potty","NARCAM" and "OD"???

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!