SnoozeFishing

ZB25 Locking up.

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

20200508_140807.jpg.955673eef95d2aae59708345272071a2.jpg20200508_141042.jpg.3ffdde9dc7faa031fc611f822bf75edf.jpgWonder if this random screw sitting here has anything to do with it. Wowww. Looks like the side cover bolt which is weird considering they were all there. 

Edited by SnoozeFishing

Post some pictures, you seem to be talking to your self about the screw, pics. so we join in if you are still having a problem.

1 min ago, LB said:

Post some pictures, you seem to be talking to your self about the screw, pics. so we join in if you are still having a problem.

Oops though I did. Edited

ls the screw that holds the traves slide to the spool shaft there? if it's there and now the reel is working fine you are lucky had that screw got caught between the main gear and the pinion you could have been going for a new set of gears.

2 mins ago, LB said:

ls the screw that holds the traves slide to the spool shaft there? if it's there and now the reel is working fine you are lucky had that screw got caught between the main gear and the pinion you could have been going for a new set of gears.

looks to be. its an exact match to the side cover bolts. hope it didnt do long term damage as i was forcing it to rotate.

1. double check all side cover bolts is there, very strange to have an extra bolts inside.

2. if reel still smooth you are good to go

You are fine if it did anything you would have known right from the start as soon as the screw was removed and you cranked the handle. Tight lines.

Posted (edited) · Report post

43 mins ago, avet4life said:

1. double check all side cover bolts is there, very strange to have an extra bolts inside.

2. if reel still smooth you are good to go

All side cover bolts were there, looks like he lost a bolt and then put a new one in. Also one of the side cover bolts was loose coming off. When reinstalling the side cover it felt like it was stripped. Nope, found a piece of metal in there. Cleaned everything up and reinstalled, everything seems to be good now. People are ******, if I end up keeping this I'll probably send it in just to have them give it a once over. 

20200508_152459.jpg

Edited by SnoozeFishing

One of mine froze up from bad seal causing a bearing to rust over a winter break. But why would you continue to try and spin it ? So easy to look inside before you cause permanent damage. 
It took me less than a minute to look inside and determine cause of lockup , stripped reel down pulled offending bearing , new seal , new bearing , back in business. 

On 5/12/2020 at 11:01 PM, connman said:

One of mine froze up from bad seal causing a bearing to rust over a winter break. But why would you continue to try and spin it ? So easy to look inside before you cause permanent damage. 
It took me less than a minute to look inside and determine cause of lockup , stripped reel down pulled offending bearing , new seal , new bearing , back in business. 

Yea it’s happened to mine once’s also as the reel gets pretty abused ..