levari

Tackle Direct - What’s the story with them

Rate this topic

86 posts in this topic

I have a customer service request that I sent to tackle direct several weeks ago and I have not heard from them. Unfortunately it will probably require a drive right down to their doorstep to resolve, but not until I can confirm that they're open.

In the meantime I'm going to focus on fishing. :)

They used to be very on top of things and of course with NJ's Governor Murphy doing his thing, (going out to bars and standing next to people with no masks on for photo opportunities), his administration has of course put a real wrinkle in the operation of retail stores. I understand that and I give Tackle Direct a hall-pass during these challenging times.

Again, TD's issues started long before the pandemic. And I've made dozens of tackle purchases from around the country DURING the pandemic and had zero issues. Yet TD continues to list items as "in stock" when they are clearly not, no one answers the phone or emails, not possible to return an item, the list goes on. They are running a **** show of a business and no one should be giving them a hall pass.

Why do you guys complain so much.  just stop shopping at the place. Posts about them have been going on for over a year now yet people choose to shop and complain about it. Go to a local shop most are open and get what you need. 

15 hours ago, buddha162 said:

Again, TD's issues started long before the pandemic. And I've made dozens of tackle purchases from around the country DURING the pandemic and had zero issues. Yet TD continues to list items as "in stock" when they are clearly not, no one answers the phone or emails, not possible to return an item, the list goes on. They are running a **** show of a business and no one should be giving them a hall pass.

That is unfortunate.

TD used to be on point with orders, customer service, and shipping speed. Then, for what ever reason they changed their software last year and I have heard nothing but problems since.

I have not had issues myself, but I don't see myself ordering from them anytime soon until they get things figured out. No sense in taking chances with my money.

I placed a decent order of stuff I can’t get locally last December or January, fast delivery, no problem.  Placed a small order last week and it arrived today.  Received email updates about when it shipped, another this morning saying it should arrive today.  I have been very happy with them.  

I ordered a bunch of jigs from them several months ago which I completely forgot about. The rest of my order just came in last week. I’m surprised they fulfilled the order after all that time. 

On the front page of TD “ We are shipping, delayed 10 days”

My order took about 10 days except it was a partial delivery.  
Took TD 6 days to respond to my email.

The Albino shad was not delivered yet.

“Thanks for reaching out to us and apologies for the delay. Your order has partially shipped on 7/7 under tracking number https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=Xxxxx and is scheduled for delivery 7/11. The Lunker City Slug-Go 6in 10Pk 36 Albino Shad was out but is now back in stock and should be shipping shortly to you. “

The only reason I ordered from them is because I could not find Slug-go in bubble gum color anywhere else.

1 hour ago, levari said:

On the front page of TD “ We are shipping, delayed 10 days”

My order took about 10 days except it was a partial delivery.  
Took TD 6 days to respond to my email.

The Albino shad was not delivered yet.

“Thanks for reaching out to us and apologies for the delay. Your order has partially shipped on 7/7 under tracking number https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=Xxxxx and is scheduled for delivery 7/11. The Lunker City Slug-Go 6in 10Pk 36 Albino Shad was out but is now back in stock and should be shipping shortly to you. “

The only reason I ordered from them is because I could not find Slug-go in bubble gum color anywhere else.

No doubt about it,

if you were around during WWII you would be bitching about the shortage of materials being sent to the war effort. :dismay: 

15 mins ago, Terry Mac said:

No doubt about it,

if you were around during WWII you would be bitching about the shortage of materials being sent to the war effort. :dismay: 

I would go first about the shortage of brain of those who stayed behind like you..

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, levari said:

I would go first about the shortage of brain of those who stayed behind like you..

I forgive you. 

Edited by Terry Mac