DEmaggIRI

ODM warranty ???

Rate this topic

74 posts in this topic

personally,I could not bring myself to pay more than 150for a surf stick.

I def would and have paid more than that for a reel since it is a machine but,a rod,,not gonna go there.

rods are not very expensive to create in my eyes,I could be waay off but I still feel that way.

all my surf rods are factory rods off the shelf and they have performed right for me.

just not feeling paying 400 bucks for a piece of carbon that could snap like a wild assed ape at any time.

HH 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Heavy Hooksetter said:

personally,I could not bring myself to pay more than 150for a surf stick.

I def would and have paid more than that for a reel since it is a machine but,a rod,,not gonna go there.

rods are not very expensive to create in my eyes,I could be waay off but I still feel that way.

all my surf rods are factory rods off the shelf and they have performed right for me.

just not feeling paying 400 bucks for a piece of carbon that could snap like a wild assed ape at any time.

HH 

:agree:......i gotta tell ya, they are overpriced.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lureman said:

:agree:......i gotta tell ya, they are overpriced.....

who are you tellin'?

I'd rather buy 3 factory off the shelf rods for that kinda money.

such a high priced rod don't catch more fish.

HH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2020 at 10:49 AM, lureman said:

:agree:......i gotta tell ya, they are overpriced.....

Hey Lureman, but what rods exactly are you using, no need to go too much into detail such as pricing and other BS that other threads have transpired into but Just wanna know??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ACFishing said:

Hey Lureman, but what rods exactly are you using, no need to go too much into detail such as pricing and other BS that other threads have transpired into but Just wanna know??

anything, and everything, from old J. Kennedy-Fisher, to new Black Hole,. to out of business All Star, Fiber Star, or old Lamis......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ACFishing said:

Hey Lureman, but what rods exactly are you using, no need to go too much into detail such as pricing and other BS that other threads have transpired into but Just wanna know??

Better ask him what rods he is not using, the list will be much shorter.. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 mins ago, levari said:

Better ask him what rods he is not using, the list will be much shorter.. lol

geez Levari you don't know when to quit do ya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2020 at 2:44 PM, levari said:

Next time hire Ed Z to file the claim.

 

On 5/21/2020 at 10:00 AM, levari said:

ODM rods are far from being 50% from the cost of US rods. The 7 years warranty rods with don’t cost twice than 1 year warranty rods. The big companies can provide this warranty due to their revenue and the quality of their rods. And finally, you can’t compare the benefits to American labor force and the economy for rods being built in US to rods being built in China.
 

I am not trying to advise you to buy US products. That’s everyone choice but the information you provided is wrong and misleading.

 

 

 

Dude I think you have sour balls in your mouth. You never write anything good about anything and start so much crap on this site. I guess that’s what happens when you burp a lot of spunk. I can’t believe you’re not banned from this site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, Steve_M said:

 

Dude I think you have sour balls in your mouth. You never write anything good about anything and start so much crap on this site. I guess that’s what happens when you burp a lot of spunk. I can’t believe you’re not banned from this site.

Sounds like you have some kind of relation with the owner ? Are you a member of a cult? Every 2nd post of yours is about how great is ODM and the ODM rods you own. You just joined the site and most of your posts are about ODM. Instead of addressing the points that were made you attack me personally with your crap. So read the title of this very positive topic that I started and don’t write this crap that I never write anything good. 

I do write plenty positive posts for good American companies like Zeebass and StCroix. I don’t write good things for companies who import products from China and publish on their web site made in USA or try to convince me that their contribution to the economy is as good as US companies.

 

 

Edited by levari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, levari said:

Sounds like you have some kind of relation with the owner ? Are you a member of a cult? Every 2nd post of yours is about how great is ODM and the ODM rods you own. You just joined the site and most of your posts are about ODM. Instead of addressing the points that were made you attack me personally with your crap. So read the title of this very positive topic that I started and don’t write this crap that I never write anything good. 

I do write plenty positive posts for good American companies like Zeebass and StCroix. I don’t write good things for companies who import products from China and publish on their web site made in USA or try to convince me that their contribution to the economy is as good as US companies.

 

 

You know that ODM is a great company. I think you have it in for them. All the companies have a great line. Black hole,Lamie glass, Saint Croix, ODM, seeker, fiber star when they were around and the list goes on. Some are made in Korea, Japan , Mexico and China. You’re just belittling yourself. And you wanna argue with everyone on this site especially about ODM. It sounds like a disgruntle employee. It’s your way or the highway. And don’t forget people are people. And by no means am I a liberal. We all bleed red. Most have a caring heart. Some carry hate

Edited by Steve_M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

27 mins ago, Steve_M said:

You know that ODM is a great company. I think you have it in for them. All the companies have a great line. Black hole,Lamie glass, Saint Croix, ODM, seeker, fiber star when they were around and the list goes on. Some are made in Korea, Japan , Mexico and China. You’re just belittling yourself. And you wanna argue with everyone on this site. It’s your way or the highway. And don’t forget people are people. And by no means am I a liberal. We all bleed red. Most have a caring heart. Some carry hate

Now you tell me what I know. I don’t know that ODM is a great company. What’s so great about them? Their warranty? Their high prices for made in China rod?
their rods are breaking like any other company. Nothing special here.

And who give a crap if you are a liberal or a redneck ? That’s a fishing forum .

 

In the future please Address the points I made, don’t address me... I hope you  know the difference...

Edited by levari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, levari said:

Now you tell me what I know. I don’t know that ODM is a great company. What’s so great about them? Their warranty? Their high prices for made in China rod?
their rods are breaking like any other company. Nothing special here.

And who give a crap if you are a liberal or a redneck ? That’s a fishing forum .

 

In the future please Address the points I made, don’t address me... I hope you  know the difference...

You should stop embarrassing yourself. You just target ODM. I’m done wasting my breath with you. Maybe when you spit the sour balls you might get a better taste. 
black Hole is one year warranty also. Are you going to trash then too?

Edited by Steve_M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just read this whole thread and I gotta ask.  What the hell do you guys do to break rods so often.  I've broke 2 rods in 20yrs and both were from my own stupidity.  

I fish, LAMI, CTS, CENTURY, ST CROIX. FIBERSTAR, LOOMIS and fish a lot.  Piers, jetties rocks, beach, seawalls pretty much everything.  Am I just lucky!!! If I was breaking as many rods as I hear being broke I would have a full set of UGLY STIKS at 40 bucks a piece.  

 

I know this is about ODM and I have never fished 1, I have enough gear but ODM is flavor of the season.  CTS, CENTURY, FIBERSTAR all had their run at flavor of the season.  ODM will pass as well when something else comes along.  Stick with what feels right for you and does the job.  It's a rod, a tool.  **** I have had more problems with high end reels!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

48 mins ago, Steve_M said:

You should stop embarrassing yourself. You just target ODM. I’m done wasting my breath with you. Maybe when you spit the sour balls you might get a better taste. 
black Hole is one year warranty also. Are you going to trash then too?

Trash black hole ? Their prices are very reasonable, not like ODM ...

I don’t trash company because of one year warranty.. I trash companies that don’t honor their warranties....I did not read a single BH customer complain .. did you?

 

Guess who wrote all these posts?

 

“AndODM ’s customer service is the best.“

 

“Hands down theODM line of jigster’s.“

 

“..ODM is really up on ther game. “

 

“None better then theODM Jiggester.”

 

“.. And there costumer service is the best“

 

”..ODM keeps coming up with such great rods “
 

Did you write anything positive about any other Rod companies?
 

 

Edited by levari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

People get the jest. You hate ODM. I happen to like ODM. I have FS, St Croix and black hole. I’ll take ODM over them for what I need. I use my black hole for jigging. The are all around the price of each other except for the evolution. And the 2 companies I use most have a one year warranty. Which we all know you hate. I never had to use a warranty for any of them. Most rods fail because of our mistakes. Everyone knows what kind of person you are. Good luck with yourself.  I know you’ll keep going on but I’m out. 

Edited by Steve_M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.