NJTramcar

Best UV light to cure epoxy?

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I am impressed with what some of the UV epoxies can do when tying so I bought some epoxy/light and a second light.  Both are small flashlights, one is with a bulb naad the other LEDs.

Even after 20 seconds or eve more, the epoxy is still tack.

What is your favorite light to use?

I've been using this light: 3W UltraFire WF-502B 3W UV 395NM LED. It works great. I bought it on the auction site for less than $10. Mine didn't come with a battery. It uses the same battery that's used in a lot of vaping devices - I bought mine at a local vaping shop or you can get one online.

I have a “pet urine detector” light. I bought it off of that massive site named after a river in Brazil and a few other places. It was like ten bucks and it works just fine for me. 

I think when searching I used the term “UV Torch” instead of “UV Light” as I think the torch denotes a little more power. I’m sorry but don’t have the name or model. 

I use the loon infinity light. Cost more but I love that i don't have to change batteries. For the amount of flies I tie i was going through batteries and the Infinity ending up saving me money.I keep it plugged in on my desk so its always at full power. When regular battery lights run low they won't fulling cure a thicker amount of resin. There are other lights on the market outside of the loon so you don't have to use their brand. Just make sure it is rechargeable.  I am pretty sure deer creek makes one and I am sure they have some Chinese made versions on ebay or amazon.

OP,  Sorry, when I posted above I ran my mouse pointer over one of the listing photos that only showed the battery.   Meant to post this photo.

HT

uv1.png.3817654a499327b55e584f027469cce1.png

2 hours ago, BrianBM said:

"UV epoxy?"  AFAIK the various UV-sensitive materials are not epoxy.

You're right, UV resin or glue.