hhager23

OBX Reopening to Visitors!

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

2 mins ago, johnbull said:

Just in time for cobia to start coming in and a couple of weeks after that for the blues and spanish on metal in the surf!

Living for it!

With the reopening will come the bombardment of rental ads. Since a lot of SOL members have had varying experiences with OBX realty companies concerning rentals this year this might be a good time to remind folks whom you had a positive or negative experience with.

I have nothing but good things to say about Dolphin Realty so I can highly recommend them. However I know others have had less than satisfactory experiences with other rental agencies. This is a good opportunity to help others possibly avoid the same issues. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I think I will hold of until October.  than maybe stay the whole month :)

Fishing while vaccinated sounds like the plan

TopDog cafe is more than taste, it would not be the same eating in the parking lot.

Edited by towpro

If your going better bring food and paper products because they are still scare , The restaurants that are open are only doing take out and delivery . 

Good advice.

We usually travel fully stocked anyway and catch our own bait so really all we need is access and a key. I like to support the local tackle shops but I think the last restaurant we ate at there was The Channel Bass so I don't think they will miss our dining dollars.  

Finally. Wish Virginia would open up their beaches also. There is going to be a mad rush of visitors wanting to head to the beaches ASAP. Virginia is going to lose a lot of tourism if they don't open up soon.  I would love to head to Virginia next week, if not I'll be Cobia hunting in a couple weeks down in OBX. 

Keeping my fingers crossed things open up in Virginia Friday the 15th...Ive made plans.

Edited by dixiekraut

19 hours ago, dixiekraut said:

Keeping my fingers crossed things open up in Virginia Friday the 15th...Ive made plans.

Me too...:niffty: shhhhh

21 hours ago, Drumfish420 said:

Virginia beaches are all currently open to fishing and exercising.

Ahhh....but are there places to stay? I had heard from tackle shop in Chincoteague that only residents and day trippers were fishing A.I. Va. 

3 hours ago, pilotman said:

Me too...:niffty: shhhhh

Mums the word. Hope to see you out there.

Edited by dixiekraut

On 5/8/2020 at 8:40 AM, hhager23 said:

Good advice.

We usually travel fully stocked anyway and catch our own bait so really all we need is access and a key. I like to support the local tackle shops but I think the last restaurant we ate at there was The Channel Bass so I don't think they will miss our dining dollars.  

We used to load up like we going on months long Safari but it just got to be to much work , So now we just bring about 3 days of food then we hit the Food Lion and some Seafood markets , Restaurants I hit are all ones that my friends who are locals turned me on to that aren't over run with tourists and that also depends on time of day and were on the OBX you are .