FishNorthShore

Removing anti reverse lever from penn 704z

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I’m trying to figure out the way some guys have removed the anti reverse lever from the 704z, honestly I don’t care for it and would rather just have a bolt in place of it, if someone could show me how they did theirs it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance 

What are you trying to do and why, is it the noise, it's needed when you have a fish on otherwise should you lose your grip the reel will spin backward and you will end up with a mess.

36 mins ago, LB said:

What are you trying to do and why, is it the noise, it's needed when you have a fish on otherwise should you lose your grip the reel will spin backward and you will end up with a mess.

I know people have gotten rid of it while keeping it in anti reverse, I’m trying to get rid of the lever and keep the anti reverse, I don’t need it to be able to go backwards

Remove  22 022 109 Eccentric Screw.  Remove 21 021 109 Eccentric Lever. Replace lever with a washer as thick as the lever and replace screw. Its a crazy idea but it's your reel so go for it.

On 5/7/2020 at 0:27 PM, moocks said:

Remove  22 022 109 Eccentric Screw.  Remove 21 021 109 Eccentric Lever. Replace lever with a washer as thick as the lever and replace screw. Its a crazy idea but it's your reel so go for it.

I just put a bolt where the lever hole is and it holds the dog in place so no reverse, this takes away the reverse switch but gives me the ability to seal the reel even further

l think if you just disengage the spring it will do the same thing, the spring is what engages the dog into the anti-reverse gear if spring is not there the dog won't engage the reverse gear this would be a lot simpler and keep all the parts as is and could be reactivated. 

Like l said l think, give it a try.

I know what your trying to do nice idea-find the penn site for customized penn reels-some people take off the lever completely--then fill in the hole left behind sand it smooth and paint-more work but leaves a nice clean and smooth appearance and you still have anti-reverse-find the penn site its on SOL-finish the project-you will be happy-rreelman