Kanine Kleenup

First topwater striper of the season!

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

The warming of the last few days has turned the fishing on .. caught my first topwater fish of the season this am. I love seeing them follow the lure when it’s calm..got a 24 inch fish a little later. Good day all around. Good luck everybody!

Edited by Kanine Kleenup

First topwater stripper? .... Damn. I hope you gave her a good tip when she came out of the water. It's still cold and she must've been blue.

Yup!  It's a favorite time of year where you've been waiting for some action and they deliver.  

Doesn't matter their size when they explode right next to you on your bait it's fun!!!!!!!!!!

I get the added benefit fishing for them in the kayak.......they'll test your ability to keep your slimy hands held tight when they surprise you when they hit right next to the boat. 

Make sure your drag isn't set too tight.  :D 

10 hours ago, flylikabird said:

Yup!  It's a favorite time of year where you've been waiting for some action and they deliver.  

Doesn't matter their size when they explode right next to you on your bait it's fun!!!!!!!!!!

I get the added benefit fishing for them in the kayak.......they'll test your ability to keep your slimy hands held tight when they surprise you when they hit right next to the boat. 

Make sure your drag isn't set too tight.  :D 

Did you say boat?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Nope.   I didn't say anything.   I did type boat. :D

Boat.....kayak ......in general what's the diff. 

Have you priced out a Hobie lately?   Some of them are built like boats too.     

Edited by flylikabird